The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 16, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #10,246 of 17,481
I seem to have quite a few public beta electronic toys lately.  Certainly the X3 fits there; but one could argue that my Intel NUC and Asus T100 are contenders for that position.  

With Apple breaking Netflix DD 5.1 on the Apple TV version 3; I think the Apple TV has moved into that status.  What Apple messing up?   Can't be; my understanding of the great user experience must be off.

May 16, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #10,247 of 17,481
hi...guys looks ilike i am getting bugs galore on the x3 ..i am on 2.1 firmware and i use a 64gb 10 class sd card...i keep getting random crashes where it wont play the next song or when i update library if i browse with album it shows up but its empty..Are you guys having the same bugs plus when is the new firmware to fix all these random bugs coming.....Nice sounding player by the way 
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #10,249 of 17,481
  hi...guys looks ilike i am getting bugs galore on the x3 ..i am on 2.1 firmware and i use a 64gb 10 class sd card...i keep getting random crashes where it wont play the next song or when i update library if i browse with album it shows up but its empty..Are you guys having the same bugs plus when is the new firmware to fix all these random bugs coming.....Nice sounding player by the way 
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I had the "won't play the next song" issue with almost every 24bit/192 kHz FLAC on there before I upgraded from 2.1 to 2.14b. Now it's all fine, and even gapless works very well in most cases. I can't say enough good things about the progress being made on the firmware. As for 2.14b being beta, I'm happy with it, and I'll trade a few "oops" bugs on the UI side of things for the removal of the "it doesn't play my music, and crashes often" bugs I had with older firmware. I, for one, am extremely glad that people on here were willing to share the beta firmware, and discuss it, because now I can actually use my X3.

May 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #10,251 of 17,481
Yes...I'm definitely not going back to 2.1 and I'm waiting eagerly to install the final version once it's released

I also can't wait until the crazy UI modders come in again! :D
Edit: Those in the beta, are there any major changes in UI? I might actually just start making my themes now if that's not the case.

May 17, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #10,252 of 17,481
I also can't wait until the crazy UI modders come in again! :D

Edit: Those in the beta, are there any major changes in UI? I might actually just start making my themes now if that's not the case.

Mr Trev and I modded the last publicly available beta (2.14b) and posted links in the X3 mod thread.

May 17, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #10,253 of 17,481
biggrin.gif

the only crashes I ever had were on 2.14b (nearly every 2-3 songs it freezes at the end of title)
flawless usage on 2.1 .... never any single issue, can´t comprehend all the complains here.

Updating library with 64GB needs ages, at least 1/2hour or more, but works

May 17, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #10,254 of 17,481
I must have a golden unit, no issues since I got it. Gapless never gave me issues, library updates even though I use the browser went quick, and reads my 128gb without issues.

Was happy on 2.1 and even happier on 2.14b

May 17, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #10,258 of 17,481
The new leather case arrived from Thailand for the X3, excellent workmanship, I'll be posting a review of it later on with more pictures etc...

A7X "This Means War" from Hail to the King is slammin on the Koss TBSE's!

May 17, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #10,260 of 17,481
Has anybody tried the UM Miracle with the X3 and a recent or latest firmware?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back