The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 16, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #10,231 of 17,484
yeah, you're right, but this still is an X3 dedicated topic and people from Fiio are following it so i'm not off topic. you cannot tell people what to talk about and what not if it's X3 related.
Bugs should be pointed anyway so next stable version will meet expectations.

If you want to talk about the beta/bugs, go join the beta group. You're way off base on what you perceive you know about the beta(s). That's why, as CH23 mentioned, it should not even be talked about in here. It actually doesn't even make sense any more. :wink:

May 16, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #10,232 of 17,484
well, this really is annoying, being forced to avoid talking about stuff related to our topic. i've given an info which might have been interesting for everyone and you could've just told me to report all this to a special topic.
But ok, i'll stop this. When 2.18 comes out we will discuss it.

May 16, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #10,233 of 17,484
  well, this really is annoying, being forced to avoid talking about stuff related to our topic. i've given an info which might have been interesting for everyone and you could've just told me to report all this to a special topic.
But ok, i'll stop this. When 2.18 comes out we will discuss it.

2.14b is by now a couple of months old, when it was released this thread exploded with posts about how **** the firmware was. It was labeled as Beta and highly unstable but everyone installed it anyway. To combat this FiiO created a closed beta program consisting if of people with extensive software experience as well as the average head-fi'er. Everything you talked about has already be said on numerous occasions and most of them are reported on FiiO's Bugzilla page. Since all beta testers are under a non-disclosure agreement i can't give you any specifics, though since the version numbers are publicly available i can say that 2.18 is already old.

May 16, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #10,234 of 17,484
  2.14b is by now a couple of months old, when it was released this thread exploded with posts about how **** the firmware was. It was labeled as Beta and highly unstable but everyone installed it anyway. To combat this FiiO created a closed beta program consisting if of people with extensive software experience as well as the average head-fi'er. Everything you talked about has already be said on numerous occasions and most of them are reported on FiiO's Bugzilla page. Since all beta testers are under a non-disclosure agreement i can't give you any specifics, though since the version numbers are publicly available i can say that 2.18 is already old.

Great informative post, hopefully it helps 
beerchug.gif

May 16, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #10,237 of 17,484
  I have had my X3 for about 6 months now.  I have been very patient and reasonable with FiiO regarding the X3's buggy firmwares, but that last drop of patience has finally evaporated after months after months of delays, time after time.

Jan...mid Jan....Feb...mid Feb....Mar....mid Mar.....Apr....Mid Apr....May.....Mid May.....2014....2015.....2016...

There is (are) beta releases now.  It's vastly (supposedly) improved, but you know what?.....  I don't see any improvements...  I am still using the firmware from 5 months ago.  At the end of the day, beta is just that...beta and please don't rationalize the bugs and delays (small firm, not enough resources, bla bla bla...).

I probably going to get hammered by the fan boys, but the truth needs to be told and so be it.

If you move to the 2.14Beta, you don't say that....

Try it and then talk. I can see a Night and day difference with this. Even my HD650 started singing with this new firmware. Earlier, they used to sound hallow.

May 16, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #10,238 of 17,484
I agree that the newest firmware is a huge step in the right direction. I was at three owner months ago and sold it to get a DX 50. Tenant to next three a few weeks ago as part of a bundle and flashed the new firmware on a whim and was pleasantly surprised enough to keep it.

When I select a song and push play I hear music and that's why I have this device. Everything else is the proverbial icing on the cake.

May 16, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #10,240 of 17,484
  Any feedback on the 2.18 beta ?   The 2.14 release is semi public, in that the volume modified version is linkable from earlier in this thread.  James Fiio implied that 2.18 was looking good.  Just looking for other opinions.

Can't say anything about it other than that it has been replaced by 2.19beta and it's moving forward.

May 16, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #10,243 of 17,484
I understand the frustration of several users here. I have been an owner of the X3 since November 2013 and almost gave up on it. I do think Fiio could have done things better, but at the same time the player is gaining new features. It's up to each owner to decide if is worth the wait.

The latest beta looks very good, to me, the (long) wait will be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back