The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 10, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #10,021 of 17,484
I think the thing I keep in mind with a player such as the X3 is, this is essentially a portable player, and portably, being able to play 2 weeks straight of music is really quite good as far as storage.  Yes, I admit the limitation sounds bad, but I doubt I'm anywhere close to it personally, and I'm happy with what I'm bringing with me as far as a library.

May 10, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #10,023 of 17,484

But that's not the point. The point is that 5800 tracks as a limitation (483 albums at 12 tracks per) is not worth correcting for. The real point I was trying to make, however, is that if you have this much music on your player, the sound quality of it is going to be low enough that you probably shouldn't be buying a player anywhere near this price point to meet your needs.

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree with this. I use the internal drive to store albums that I am listening to for the first time or am still "getting to know" in FLAC format because I want the highest quality possible.

On the SD card, I have stored hundreds of my favorite albums in OGG Q6 format.  I don't personally feel the need to listen to albums that I've listened to hundreds of times in the highest audio quality possible on a portable player.  But I like to have them available to me if I'm in the mood to shuffle through some old stuff or if I'm in the car.  And as a lossy form, OGG sounds good to my ears.

So, I'm not supposed to buy a player priced in the range of the X3 because I don't feel the need to have every last one of my albums in lossless format, even though I want a portion of them in lossless format?  Furthermore, there have been several posts in this thread since the release of the beta firmware about how much better lossy MP3s sound on the X3 than other devices. 

May 10, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #10,026 of 17,484
quick question
ive got a new x3
and i understand how to go up and down by using up and down but how do we go page up, page down while browsing the files

so that it goes +10/-10 instead of +1/-1
seems like the volume should do it while in menu mode but it doesnt ?

May 10, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #10,029 of 17,484
  So, I'm not supposed to buy a player priced in the range of the X3 because I don't feel the need to have every last one of my albums in lossless format, even though I want a portion of them in lossless format?  Furthermore, there have been several posts in this thread since the release of the beta firmware about how much better lossy MP3s sound on the X3 than other devices. 

Ok, I'll concede that last point. In a perfect world, I hope the devs eventually get around to fixing this limitation. It just saddens me to think that they might spend any time on improving their player so that it works better for people who feel the need to have 5800 songs with them, when there are other more pressing things for them to deal with. ****...I'm losing faith in humanity just thinking about it. Aw man, I'm done.

May 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #10,030 of 17,484
  Ok, I'll concede that last point. In a perfect world, I hope the devs eventually get around to fixing this limitation. It just saddens me to think that they might spend any time on improving their player so that it works better for people who feel the need to have 5800 songs with them, when there are other more pressing things for them to deal with. ****...I'm losing faith in humanity just thinking about it. Aw man, I'm done.

I'm pretty curtain that this so call "fix" to this 5800 songs limit is not anywhere on the must fix list.  Think of the wait you will need just for the update library?  

May 11, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #10,031 of 17,484
Gentlemen, please stop discussing the limit of the numer of files x3 can store. 5800? for ****** sake, back in the days I had my first Iriver with 64MB and I was happy with it:) Let's concentrate on sq and the features of the new firmware.

May 11, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #10,032 of 17,484
  Gentlemen, please stop discussing the limit of the numer of files x3 can store. 5800? for ****** sake, back in the days I had my first Iriver with 64MB and I was happy with it:) Let's concentrate on sq and the features of the new firmware.

I want that !
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #10,034 of 17,484

Mentioning iRiver, my H-140 has a limit of 9999 tracks and it is a pretty old player, that's called progress ...

May 11, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #10,035 of 17,484

i believe that the reason for this limitation has to do with the X5's limited internal memory, but as the core of the firmware is the same for both devices, this translates to the X3 as well.

as far as i know they're looking for a fix/workaround

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back