The Fiio X3 Thread.
Mar 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #8,912 of 17,484
Could you trade in your Old mint condition X3 for 75% or something like that off? That'd be cool.

Why would they do that?  Samsung wouldn't do that if you wanted an S4 instead of your S3. No one does that.

Mar 16, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #8,915 of 17,484
You guys do realize that the reason why iPhone get discount on trade-in is because Apple is making big money on apps as well as getting subsidies from the cellphone carrier companies that will either lock you in on contract or have other plan to get your money on the long run? Well, who is going to subsidize FiiO?

Mar 16, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #8,916 of 17,484
Really guys... You expect FiiO to give you an upgrade / trade in on product?

And then claiming that Apple does it...

Considering Apple is the most valuable company in the world with a net worth of over $600 Billion, you really need to shake your heads to clear out the confusion...

Mar 16, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #8,917 of 17,484
Usually people will opt for selling the iPhone in the second hand market rather than doing a trade-in which is usually of lower value. Agree. Don't think Apple will do trade-in for their MP3 players too. Unless purely out of goodwill.. Furthermore the profit margin for Apple procucts are humongous.

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #8,918 of 17,484
Hi, im new here and i just bought my second pair of m50 now the m50x, because my original m50's had issue with the balance between left and right after re-cable them. Both headphones are doing a clicking sound when I plug them in my X3 and I was wondering if this can damage the headphones or meybe disbalance them idk ... Or maybe this is nothing to carry about ?  

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #8,921 of 17,484
Really guys... You expect FiiO to give you an upgrade / trade in on product?

And then claiming that Apple does it...

Considering Apple is the most valuable company in the world with a net worth of over $600 Billion, you really need to shake your heads to clear out the confusion...

Perhaps slightly illogical but I don't regret asking the question.

Mar 16, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #8,922 of 17,484
  Usually we will upgrade our products in 2 years. I can understand that the user will not be happy to see the new one. 
L3000.gif
 because the new one always means better.  but we will close our business if we keep manufacturing the old model .

so the best we can do is let people know what we will do in the future . anyway, the X3K will not launch in market soon .

I've left the X3, it cannot be controlled blindly, and that's a basic failure. The DX50 wins. I wish the X3K hits the market sooner.

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #8,923 of 17,484
  Hi, im new here and i just bought my second pair of m50 now the m50x, because my original m50's had issue with the balance between left and right after re-cable them. Both headphones are doing a clicking sound when I plug them in my X3 and I was wondering if this can damage the headphones or meybe disbalance them idk ... Or maybe this is nothing to carry about ?  

The clicking is there to protect your headphones and hearing. It is caused by the relay disconnecting the output from the amp while the amplifier is turned on which often causes laud pop that depending on the amp power, headphone sensitivity etc can be very loud. 

I've left the X3, it cannot be controlled blindly, and that's a basic failure. The DX50 wins. I wish the X3K hits the market sooner.

What do you mean by blind control? I have no problems skipping tracks, regulating volume or stopping/starting playback blindly with the X3 and I can't imagine selecting specific tracks/playlists blindly on a device without voice control (for ex. iPhone) or text to speech technology (like iPods) and I don't think DX50 has any of those technologies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back