The Fiio X3 Thread.
Feb 27, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #8,688 of 17,484
"Yes, it works, only you have to configure Windows 8 to let install unsigned drivers." +1

The information is in the documentation on Fiio Website. I have windows 8 with driver signing and I managed to install as per the instructions.

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #8,689 of 17,484
Hi there!
I'm new to head-fi. Had read this thread as much as it possible) But can't find direct answer to my question. I have X3 with latest firmware (2.1). But have problems with some ape-cue files (for example this file http://yadi.sk/d/qskkLQUtJeYeU). Wave file in cue sheet has the correct name *.ape file. But player says "/filename/ File not supported". What's wrong, maybe you can help me? Thanks in advance.

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #8,690 of 17,484
  Hi Coop,

Thanks, iUSB seem to be too expensive for using with X3. I am very stupid in new technology, will check for cheapest option

This is the USB power isolator from hifimediy: http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=122

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #8,691 of 17,484
Hi guys, from what I've been reading, the X3 sometimes doesn't play nice with MP3 files.  Wanted to ask opinions on what is the best format to rip CD's from to put on the X3?

Maybe just copy them over in WAV files to insure the best bit-bit copies?

Also, if anyone has recommendation for how they burn CD's from a Mac for the X3, I'd definitely appreciate the information.  Is iTunes with "Apple Lossless" OK?

Thanks

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #8,692 of 17,484

This is the USB power isolator from hifimediy: http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=122

Dear Coop,

I'm very appreciate for your kindness.

I just use the simplest solution first, since I will be mad if I cannot hear a clean sound from my rig within today. So I use this adapter and noise completely gone when I connect notebook to either WA7 or X3. I will order USB isolator from your link tonight. Thanks again Coop
beerchug.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #8,693 of 17,484
   I will order USB isolator from your link tonight. Thanks again Coop

I don't know about that isolator as there are limitations to it...

Quote:HiFimeDIY
It works with dac's that support up to 96Khz/24bit, it does not work with 192/24 sample rates. 
Also, some dac's requires more than 200mA power. This might be if they have a headphone amplifier, or a MCU that draws more powe

You will not have any 24/192 support and it will take a month to charge the X3 with that unit.
Just sayin...

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #8,694 of 17,484
  Also, if anyone has recommendation for how they burn CD's from a Mac for the X3, I'd definitely appreciate the information.  Is iTunes with "Apple Lossless" OK?

Thanks

I use FLAC all the time and have quite a few ALAC from iTunes as well. They all work great, even high bitrate AAC's. :)

Rip your CD's down to ALAC and enjoy!

beerchug.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #8,697 of 17,484
  You will not have any 24/192 support and it will take a month to charge the X3 with that unit.

It will crash X5 (and highly likely X3 as well) and requires a restart to get back to normal when you have an USB isolator in between the player and the PC (*Yes, I have tried it). Both X3 and X5 will need high speed (480Mbps) USB 2.0 to work, but most USB isolator only works up to full speed (12Mbps). USB Isolator that actually supports high speed will cost about 10~20 units of X3, last I checked. The only thing that is workable is actually the iFi iUSB Power that has been mentioned, but it is still more expensive than X3 itself.

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #8,700 of 17,484

It will crash X5 (and highly likely X3 as well) and requires a restart to get back to normal when you have an USB isolator in between the player and the PC (*Yes, I have tried it). Both X3 and X5 will need high speed (480Mbps) USB 2.0 to work, but most USB isolator only works up to full speed (12Mbps). USB Isolator that actually supports high speed will cost about 10~20 units of X3, last I checked. The only thing that is workable is actually the iFi iUSB Power that has been mentioned, but it is still more expensive than X3 itself.

Thanks for clearing that up ClieOS, I didn't figure it was a good unit to use with the X3.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back