The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 15, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #7,951 of 17,484
So I took a leap of faith and ordered a pair of gr07be today to go along with my pfe111 & sr125 (although I'm still don't know if I should've got a pair of ath-im50 instead). Seems some folks round here think the vsonics match well with the X3, but I'm wondering if the supposed sibilance issues are all that noticeable. Still pretty sure I'll learn to love them 
biggrin.gif
 - but it'll be pretty hard to match the obscene comfort of the pfe (perfect fit indeed).
Cheers.

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #7,953 of 17,484
Just ripped my X3 from the hands of my UPS guy! Monkeyed with is for a bit,... pleased! Question: when I read thru the 1.31 pdf manual, went to the site and found a 2.5.fw pdf manual, but the latest version I could find in the download section was 2.05. Confused. What is the latest firmware update available and could anyone point to where it is available. Thanks. One more question: Just how important is it to load the update on a blank SD card? I've already loaded my music onto the card. Not that it would impossible to reload them, but it would save a couple tic-tocs if I really didn't have to. Thanks again! 

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #7,954 of 17,484
  Just ripped my X3 from the hands of my UPS guy! Monkeyed with is for a bit,... pleased! Question: when I read thru the 1.31 pdf manual, went to the site and found a 2.5.fw pdf manual, but the latest version I could find in the download section was 2.05. Confused. What is the latest firmware update available and could anyone point to where it is available. Thanks. One more question: Just how important is it to load the update on a blank SD card? I've already loaded my music onto the card. Not that it would impossible to reload them, but it would save a couple tic-tocs if I really didn't have to. Thanks again! 

Google Fiio X3 firmware update, there should be a youtube link that shows how to upgrade firmware, and I believe it is made by Fiio.

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #7,955 of 17,484
tiny impression:

my iMac sounds just as good with a wider soundstage and slightly less bass and def less mid bass. The fiio x3 sounds just as clean not more congested but slightly more analog.

the fiio seems a good player for portable but nothing that I would improve the sound coming out of my iMac. To put it in perspective for me I remember my audio gd nfb 12 sounded WORSE than my iMac headphone out. but it does sound a lot better than the iPod touch 4th generation.

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #7,956 of 17,484
Success! Latest firmware was 2.05, as prolly all of you already know. I must have misread and left out the zero when reading thru stuff. Successfully update my unit AND successfully installed the driver my 2 laptops. Honestly makes a improvement I can actually hear over the onboard sound cards the two lappies came with,... especially when listening with the Logitech UE6000s. Not so much with the AT M50s! 

Next project for tomorrow,... figure out how to get the X3 to marry up with my Galaxy Note 3, then hopefully the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. Anyone with luck with those. I understand the X3 with this firmware update is Andriod friendly,... is this correct.

One last question for the evening: I've using iTunes for the PC as my default player. Any recommendations for a better player for the Windows 7 64-bit platform. I reverted back from Windows 8 sometime ago, would like to stay away from that if possible.

Thanks so much guys! And thanks a lot y5un for the finger point!

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #7,958 of 17,484
The blind are leading the blind around here today.

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #7,960 of 17,484

Next project for tomorrow,... figure out how to get the X3 to marry up with my Galaxy Note 3, then hopefully the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. Anyone with luck with those. I understand the X3 with this firmware update is Andriod friendly,... is this correct.

I have a Note 10.1 2014. I've not managed to get the DAC function of the X3 to work with it.
I am guessing it will need a USB powered hub.

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #7,961 of 17,484
Jan 16, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #7,962 of 17,484

One last question for the evening: I've using iTunes for the PC as my default player. Any recommendations for a better player for the Windows 7 64-bit platform. I reverted back from Windows sometime ago, would like to stay away from that if possible.

I've used MusicBee for a while.  Has a fairly nice interface, lots of options and customization potential, and sync capabilities with transcode options.  Works well if you want to convert all the lossless to HQ mp3s for mobile use etc.  Best thing about it is that all of it is FREE, unlike a lot of other players with a bunch of locked functionality until you pay a fee :p

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #7,963 of 17,484
Success! Latest firmware was 2.05, as prolly all of you already know. I must have misread and left out the zero when reading thru stuff. Successfully update my unit AND successfully installed the driver my 2 laptops. Honestly makes a improvement I can actually hear over the onboard sound cards the two lappies came with,... especially when listening with the Logitech UE6000s. Not so much with the AT M50s! 

One last question for the evening: I've using iTunes for the PC as my default player. Any recommendations for a better player for the Windows 7 64-bit platform. I reverted back from Windows sometime ago, would like to stay away from that if possible.

Thanks so much guys! And thanks a lot y5un for the finger point!

Latest firmware is 2.1

Hello James! Tell me, when will the firmware update?

Doubt he will, just wait and keep an eye on this thread and FiiO Facebook page.

On another note, my Tuff-Luv case has arrived and I shall be picking it up later.

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #7,965 of 17,484
is fiio x3 lacks resolution ? or its analog sound is what giving me that illusion ?! 
rolleyes.gif
 it is very enjoyable ....but i took some time to get used to it and i want to ask  adding jds labs C5 to it .....does it increases the sound quality? .. changes the sound signature ? or it will not make any difference ! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back