To all the respected X3 users and the potential customer,
Ever since the launch of X3, its powerful ability in supporting various lossless music format and 192K/24B master recordings format, its beautiful sound quality, its small size and its great value are all widely welcomed and supported by the end-users. Meanwhile, we are keeping updating its firmware based on the bugs and suggestions of customers. Up till now, we have made as many as 56 bugs fix, improvements and function additions.
Though the latest firmware of X3 is running very stable, we are still working on its improvement and upgrade with the aim of perfecting the item. In order to help you have a better understanding of our work, here we list some users’ feedbacks and bugs fix plans to you.
Long-term optimizing work:
1. The optimization of its power consumption. As to the FW 1.31, it increased 40mins of its battery life.
2. Focus on the optimization regarding the playback failure or problem to some individual music files.
3. Continuously accelerate the speed of updating lib, and fix the freeze problem when updating lib on rare occasions.
4. Fix the inaccuracy issue of CUE playback.
Improvements & added functions that would be included in the upcoming two firmware versions:
1. The asynchronous USB decoding function to 192K/24B file. So you can used X3 as a portable USB DAC for your PC/Laptop and Mac. Done
2. Artificially modify the suffix of M4A file into AAC, and display as MOV in the song information.Done
3. Optimize the playback issue of some certain music files.
4. Improve the gapless playback; lessen its limits according to the settings of ROCKBOX.Done
5. Battery icon displays as red warning in case of low battery.
6. Add the format function towards external TF card, aiming to fix the unreadable issue due to disk format incompatibility.Done
Amendment plan which takes time that temporarily can’t confirm the completion progress:
1. Support the playback of music files in DSD format.
2. Connect it to self-supplied power device through OTG cable. ( Note, still need more testing )
3. Just as Foorbar2000 does, it supports embedded & external cover and cover named by its folder, cover, front and song title.
4. Extend the limitations to the resolution and file size of the cover picture.
5. Fix the possible small distortion on left channel when playing high dynamic music in OGG format.
6. The supportability towards OGG files’ tag information, such as album, title, artist, genre, embedded cover and so on.
7. Support playlist of “User-defined”like M3U file.
9. To switch on “Hold” would close off the display screen.
Unrealizable functions or unsolvable problems due to software framework and the base limit:
1. Can’t display the album and genre for CUE file.
2. Can’t cancel the cover and lyrics display option( which means, if cover and lyrics coexists, it would scroll display the lyrics in transparent effect on the surface of its cover; if there is no lyrics, it would only scroll display ID3 information; if there is no cover, it would display the way as FW 1.23).
3. Slow speed in skipping songs; it would only skip to next song even if click ten times continuously, while it would skip to the tenth by clicking ten times on other machines.
4. Connect X3 with TF card to computer under XP system, and then change the TF card to another one after connection finished, but it would still display as the first card on the computer; while this problem doesn’t exist on other systems.Done
5. Can’t add the function of “Play by album “under artist option of play by category.
6. Can’t support exFAT, FAT format and 64KB cluster of FAT32 under 64G.
7. Connect X3 without TF card to computer under XP system, and then insert one TF card X3 after connection finished, but it still won’t display the content of the TF card on the computer; while this problem doesn’t exist on other systems.
8. Under play interface, it can’t remember its store path after several returns (go back to main menu, then back to play interface, and then click the back button again.
When the “Memory Play” is on, it can’t remember current playing song’s store path after double switching on and off.
9. When the “Memory Play” is on, turn off X3, switch on the HOLD button, then turn on X3, you would hear a few seconds before it turns off.Done
10. Further improvements of the rank order of filename.Done
11. Can’t automatically skip through folders (under order play, it would skip to next sub-folder, if there is any, after it played all the files of the former folder).
12. Set it as Simplified Chinese, it would display normal for Japanese, while abnormal or messy for Korean.
13. Can only use FAT32 TF card to get the firmware upgraded.
14. Can’t support the display of time and date.
15. Can’t delete the whole folder.
16. Can’t add the scroll bar to indicate the location when choosing songs.