The Fiio X3 Thread.
Dec 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #7,052 of 17,481
Hey All. Has anybody got any recommendations of a decent 3rd party case that will fit the X3? I'm looking for something more durable than the silicone, but honestly I'm not a fan of the leather one. I used to have a nice ballistic nylon case for my cell that I picked up at a police/fire supply shop years back. I moved since then, so I can't just pop in to see if they have anything that will fit. Well constructed, decently padded. Hopefully I can find something like that.
Cheers

Dec 14, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #7,055 of 17,481
  hi guys recently got fiio x3
now looking for a headphone for them
there are many members owning x3..
which one you like pairing with it

The ones in your avatar are known to be a very good match. I brought my X3 to a local store that carries the Momentums and liked what i heard. Ultimately even the reasonably sized and very light Momentums proved to be unwieldy for me and i have decided to stick with IEM's as 99% of my listening with the X3 is on the go and I just find inner ear phones to be so much easier to deal with in a portable application. Current IEM's that I own or have tried with my X3, that I like are, Hifiman RE-400(own), Audiofly AF78(own) Vsonic GR07BE(own), Cardas EM5813 (want to own), Westone WR4 (brief audition) and Ultimate Ears UE900 lengthy audition. I also briefly auditioned the new Focal Classic headphones with the X3 and they were an excellent match as well.

Dec 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #7,056 of 17,481
Hi, for me sound great with X3 Fischer Audio DB02 MKII.

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #7,057 of 17,481
Pairing it with the Beyerdynamic DT 880 250Ohm Pro's are excellent as well. Gives me clear, clean and crisp sound. Since the headphone's are neutral with a slight hint of brightness the X3's warm signature brings the overall sound to a balanced musical experience which I find really intoxicating.

Dec 15, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #7,058 of 17,481
hi guys recently got fiio x3
now looking for a headphone for them
there are many members owning x3..
which one you like pairing with it
hey guy I have used w4r and um3x...i love both but would consider selling the um3x

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #7,060 of 17,481
My X3 hiccups/pops slightly on all tracks longer than 12+ minutes, always at the 12:23 mark. I thought it was an encoding artifact but it's not. I scrubbed back a few seconds prior to the pop and it played through flawlessly. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm playing ALACs off a 64gb sandisk, firmware is 2.1.

EDIT: I just turned off gapless, memory play, artwork & rolled back firmware to 2.05. Still getting a slight hiccup in the songs at exactly 12:23. I also tried moving the songs to internal memory to no avail.

I'm listening to mostly classical music so I have a lot of longer tracks and this is happening frequently.

EDIT: CONVERTING THE FILES FROM ALAC TO FLAC FIXES THE PROBLEM.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #7,061 of 17,481
My X3 hiccups/pops slightly on all tracks longer than 12+ minutes, always at the 12:23 mark. I thought it was an encoding artifact but it's not. I scrubbed back a few seconds prior to the pop and it played through flawlessly. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm playing ALACs off a 64gb sandisk, firmware is 2.1.

EDIT: I just turned off gapless, memory play, artwork & rolled back firmware to 2.05. Still getting a slight hiccup in the songs at exactly 12:23. I also tried moving the songs to internal memory to no avail.

I'm listening to mostly classical music so I have a lot of longer tracks and this is happening frequently.

EDIT: CONVERTING THE FILES FROM ALAC TO FLAC FIXES THE PROBLEM.

Yep, this is one of the known issues.  I believe FiiO are working on it and that it will be fixed in a (hopefully near) future FW update.

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #7,063 of 17,481
For now, I'm sticking with firmware version 1.31.  Prior to 1.31, I had endless problems with the player hanging during playback and bricked so many times I returned two units.  Update to 1.31 and its was stable for months but once I upgraded to 2.10, all the hanging problems returned in spades.  I have downgraded back to 1.31 and all is well.  Unless something magic comes out of FiiO, I see no need for me to upgrade the firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back