The Fiio X3 Thread.
Dec 16, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #7,081 of 17,484
Dec 16, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #7,082 of 17,484
  ^ Yep, I have some artists who have like 300+ songs and am only seeing a partial list of files when browse using the "artist" category but then shows everything when "file browser" is used. What gives, Fiio? 

Anyone?

are they all tagged correctly/the same?

Dec 16, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #7,083 of 17,484
^ Yep, I have some artists who have like 300+ songs and am only seeing a partial list of files when browse using the "artist" category but then shows everything when "file browser" is used. What gives, Fiio? 

Could you try deleting and rebuilding the songs database? Also it is not recommended to "scan and fix" drives on the x3 unless you know there has been a problem (eg. pulled out the unit in the middle of a file transfer)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #7,086 of 17,484
Could you try deleting and rebuilding the songs database? Also it is not recommended to "scan and fix" drives on the x3 unless you know there has been a problem (eg. pulled out the unit in the middle of a file transfer)

I'll try to do that.

Dec 16, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #7,087 of 17,484
  I may be going crazy; but has anybody else strapped a FiiO E11 to the line out and checked the difference?  To my untrained ear, after matching their volumes as closely as possible, it seems having the lower powered E11 in the chain sounds better...almost like the soundstage is wider and bass a bit tighter.

Not sure about the E11, but my E12 brings our insane detail and volume when connecting to the LO. Way beyond listening levels if the E12 is set on "high gain".

To my understanding, the X3's headphone-out should provide just as much power as the E11 and perhaps a bit more. You'd be better getting the E12 with use of the LO. Regardless of power requirements, however, using the LO should always provide a slightly better experience. Granted, you lose all EQ ability.

E11 = Voltage on high is 300mW(16Ω), 200mW(32Ω), and 35mW(300Ω).
X3 = Voltage on high is 540mW(16Ω), 270mW(32Ω), and 30mW(300Ω).

E12 = Voltage on high is 880mW(16Ω), 600mW(32Ω), and 160mW(300Ω).

Dec 16, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #7,088 of 17,484
Does anyone use a sandisk ultra 64gb micro sdxc without any issues. I'm thinking of buying that but want some kind of confirmation that it works so I'm not wasting my money. 

Dec 16, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #7,090 of 17,484
  Does anyone use a sandisk ultra 64gb micro sdxc without any issues. I'm thinking of buying that but want some kind of confirmation that it works so I'm not wasting my money. 

I am using a Sandisk ultra 64gb class 10 sdxc card (the red and grey one).  I have had no problems at all in formatting to FAT 32 as required, using the formatting tools on FiiO site.  So far, it is almost completely full of FLAC files and is working flawlessly.   This is my own experience, so far.  I believe there were some earlier issues with 64gb cards, so perhaps they are now resolved in fw updates.  I would suggest making sure the fw is up to date first.

Hope this helps.

Dec 16, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #7,091 of 17,484

Because I believe it can screw up the file system even worse. I never scan and fix because I've heard some DAP's won't detect afterwards, forcing a format.

FiiO also advise against the scan and fix.  When you scan and fix a drive, you are changing the filesystem parameters slightly in favour of device you scan it on.  This means it is no longer entirely 'correct' for the previous device (X3).   I also, would recommend against scan and fix.  It seems that implementation of filesystem standards is inconsistent between manufacturers; I have a similar issue with a WDTV live box.

Not scanning and fixing won't do any harm.

Dec 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #7,092 of 17,484
  I am using a Sandisk ultra 64gb class 10 sdxc card (the red and grey one).  I have had no problems at all in formatting to FAT 32 as required, using the formatting tools on FiiO site.  So far, it is almost completely full of FLAC files and is working flawlessly.   This is my own experience, so far.  I believe there were some earlier issues with 64gb cards, so perhaps they are now resolved in fw updates.  I would suggest making sure the fw is up to date first.

Hope this helps.

I'll take a chance on it. I have the previous fw version but I'll definitely update the fw before it comes. Usually 32gb is enough but lately I've been wishing I had some more space to add some more albums so hopefully this is the fix for me.

Dec 16, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #7,093 of 17,484

I'll take a chance on it. I have the previous fw version but I'll definitely update the fw before it comes. Usually 32gb is enough but lately I've been wishing I had some more space to add some more albums so hopefully this is the fix for me.

I know what you mean about more space.  I read here somewhere, that a few people are using 128gb SD cards and thin adapters, with good results.. 

Dec 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #7,094 of 17,484

are they all tagged correctly/the same?

I'm not sure how to check that. Remember I'm the guy that if it is computer related and you don't spell it out in crayons, I won't get it.

That being said, even the pre loaded music is doing the same thing. It doesn't show up in the "album" when I open it.

Anyone have any advise?

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #7,095 of 17,484
I'm not sure how to check that. Remember I'm the guy that if it is computer related and you don't spell it out in crayons, I won't get it.

That being said, even the pre loaded music is doing the same thing. It doesn't show up in the "album" when I open it.

Anyone have any advise?

Im not sure if anyone asked you but can you pull out the loaded SD card and play or load it into another DAP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back