The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 28, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #14,972 of 17,484
Yup ..bought it during the pre order at MP4 Nation ...buddy ...pm me on how it goes ....cheers

Yeah, I will. Just ordered a AD8620 as well so will try to change the op amp at the same time. I wouldn't mind a less warm sound from the HO.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've seen fiio sell the x3 batteries @ their online alixpress store, it's a good idea to change that first if your handy at that sort of thing.
Send them an email, I can't find the batteries.

Thank you, I'll e-mail them.

Jan 28, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #14,973 of 17,484
  +1

I got mine August 2013 but more like 2 hours daily use for me. Still get 10 hours.

That's really good. I hope mine keeps getting good battery life for another year or so. I don't like the idea of trying to replace the battery myself. I'd probably just buy a new one. Too bad the batteries aren't replaceable as in the ibasso dx50. 

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #14,974 of 17,484
Battery on the fiio x3 is replaceable, it has a snap-in connector,.

BTW we are on page NEIN NEIN NEIN
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #14,981 of 17,484

it is fairly easy ... not very easy 
rolleyes.gif

Well, when the time comes I'll pay my nephew to do it. He's good with electronics and has steady hands...or I'll probably own the new X3 before that happens anyway.

is easy and well the mother board also has screws but for removing the battery are not necessary, just pull the connector with your finger nails and remove the battery, put the new one, plug in the new connector and it should power

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #14,983 of 17,484
I'll have to write down what page your instructions are on for future reference :)

yeah, you must check the battery model, as well how many mAh provides and the volt, typically 3.7v, as far as I remember mAh don't really matter, the bigger the mAh's the more runtime your player will have. the batteyr model is important so you can find a replacement one with the exact connector type

WOOOOOO STARTED PAGE 1000
biggrin.gif
gs1000.gif

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #14,984 of 17,484
  Working 50+ hours a week.  Apologize for not having the time to search this topic.  2 questions hopefully can be answered.  Got the X3 about a week ago.

1.  Listening in car through aux in from headphone out.  Get to work, turn unit off.  Get off work, turn unit on.  Is there a way to shut the X3 off so that I can continue where I left off or do I need to go through every step to find the album/song again?  Too many clicks and glances at X3 to pick up where I left off.

2.  Can this thing play multi-channel through the line out using the digital coax cable to my home theatre receiver?  I've extracted some multi-channel .dff files from some ISO's.  If I load them on the X3 and line-out them with coax cable  to my home theatre receiver, will I hear the multi-channel?

These have probably been answered but again, I have no time to search.

1.  Yes, as someone said above that setting is in there: [Play Settings] > [Resume Mode] > toggle [Off] [Last song] [Last position]

**And a very important tip: use the X3's Line Out (bottom jack) for use with any Aux In jack (car, home stereo, or any other external amp) -- it's very noticeably better SQ than the headphone jack imho.

2. Sorry, I can't answer this for you. (assuming you mean more than 2 channel stereo)

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #14,985 of 17,484
Leaning heavily on X3 and cayin c5.

I'd also consider the e12a. Loving mine with the x3.

a few more days and i'll be able to give you my impressions of the differences between the C5 and the old E12 v1 (not E12a). if the C5 loses the shootout it will be returned. if the E12 loses it will go to the classifieds, fyi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back