The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 27, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #14,958 of 17,484
The e17k uses the Texas instruments PCM5102 DAC and the X3K/II is slated to use the Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC. For the amp section James hasn't said what they're going to use. I expect the two will sound quite different. I don't think its FiiO's intention to make the two sound the same. Like I said earlier, it was just easy for them to use the e17 innards the first go around. Now that FiiO has more digital audio players and more experience I imagine they will treat them entirely differently from their portable amplifiers and amp/DAC combos.

:wink:

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #14,959 of 17,484
Working 50+ hours a week.  Apologize for not having the time to search this topic.  2 questions hopefully can be answered.  Got the X3 about a week ago.

1.  Listening in car through aux in from headphone out.  Get to work, turn unit off.  Get off work, turn unit on.  Is there a way to shut the X3 off so that I can continue where I left off or do I need to go through every step to find the album/song again?  Too many clicks and glances at X3 to pick up where I left off.

2.  Can this thing play multi-channel through the line out using the digital coax cable to my home theatre receiver?  I've extracted some multi-channel .dff files from some ISO's.  If I load them on the X3 and line-out them with coax cable  to my home theatre receiver, will I hear the multi-channel?

These have probably been answered but again, I have no time to search.

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #14,960 of 17,484
Guys I've run into some trouble with my X3 and would really appreciate any input or similar experiences on then matter:

Lately the HO has made a extra "click" sound (sound like the relay but it's an extra time in addition to the regular one) when headphones are plugged in and the unit shuts down automatically. This has only happen a couple of times in the last week but as of yesterday night it does this every time a pair of headphones are plugged in. This means I can only use it wit an external amp and when I does so everything works as normal....

I've re-flashed the fw and used the reset button with no luck.

So any suggestions on how to solve this?

Jan 28, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #14,961 of 17,484
I think you have one of 3, options.

1: It goes back under warranty to place of purchase.

2: Send it back to fiio, brilliant technicians will fix it for almost the return postage cost.
(great company, with excellent service)

3:Dig it hole somewhere a few feet deep, and say a few kind words in what ever religion you choose, while you remember the good times.

Jan 28, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #14,962 of 17,484
Working 50+ hours a week.  Apologize for not having the time to search this topic.  2 questions hopefully can be answered.  Got the X3 about a week ago.

1.  Listening in car through aux in from headphone out.  Get to work, turn unit off.  Get off work, turn unit on.  Is there a way to shut the X3 off so that I can continue where I left off or do I need to go through every step to find the album/song again?  Too many clicks and glances at X3 to pick up where I left off.

2.  Can this thing play multi-channel through the line out using the digital coax cable to my home theatre receiver?  I've extracted some multi-channel .dff files from some ISO's.  If I load them on the X3 and line-out them with coax cable  to my home theatre receiver, will I hear the multi-channel?

These have probably been answered but again, I have no time to search.

Go to the sound settings menu, at the top, you should find an option to set the X3 to either remember the track you were or the last position in the track. Select one of these and then it should remember where you left it when you turned it off.

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #14,963 of 17,484
I think you have one of 3, options.

1: It goes back under warranty to place of purchase.

2: Send it back to fiio, brilliant technicians will fix it for almost the return postage cost.
(great company, with excellent service)

3:Dig it hole somewhere a few feet deep, and say a few kind words in what ever religion you choose, while you remember the good times.

4. Put in on charge and once fully charged everything works as normal again :wink:

Really strange but I've got a feeling lately that the battery is getting worse so it might be time to change it.

Iirc Fiio supply new batteries, could someone please confirm this.

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #14,964 of 17,484
4. Put in on charge and once fully charged everything works as normal again
wink.gif

Really strange but I've got a feeling lately that the battery is getting worse so it might be time to change it.

Iirc Fiio supply new batteries, could someone please confirm this.

You think the battery might be getting worse? How old is your X3?

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #14,965 of 17,484

You think the battery might be getting worse? How old is your X3?

Yeah, I've had that feeling the last month or so. I got it in august 2013 and have used it A LOT so no surprise really......

Jan 28, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #14,967 of 17,484
peter123....same here too .......got my X3 too in Aug 2013 ....battery usage is also much lower for the past two months too ...:p

That's the final confirmation that it's not just my imagination. I'll contact FiiO customer service and see if they can supply a new one.

Jan 28, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #14,970 of 17,484
Yeah I'm pretty sure I've seen fiio sell the x3 batteries @ their online alixpress store, it's a good idea to change that first if your handy at that sort of thing.
Send them an email, I can't find the batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back