The Fiio X3 Thread.
Apr 22, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #9,331 of 17,484
Help! I recently deleted that folder the .dll files were in because I thought they were not needed, and now asio doesn't work for my X3... I tried registering the .dlls again but I get this error.... What is going on here???

You deleted the custom.ini file it seems.

And as you already deleted them, i don't think you can unregister them anymore.

Put all the files back, and try again.

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #9,333 of 17,484
I've put all the files back of course, that's what I thought, guess what, same thing.

I have 2 things to say:

1: didn't i specifically say that one should create a directory in program files and put the files there?(as to have stuff like this not happen)
2: try to run the following: "Listdlls -u tusbaudioasio_x64.dll" and tell me what it shows you.

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #9,334 of 17,484
I was just looking at the X3 product description on FiiO's website, and it indicates that X3 could take a 128GB card. Is this new? Did they update the firmware or something?

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #9,335 of 17,484
  I was just looking at the X3 product description on FiiO's website, and it indicates that X3 could take a 128GB card. Is this new? Did they update the firmware or something?

Yes, they updated that.  Not sure if that is the current firmware or the upcoming firmware though.

Apr 23, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #9,337 of 17,484
  So how do you guys store your micro SD cards, when they're not in a player? They're so tiny and easy to lose.
Are there special holders available? Also, do you mark them in some way, to tell them apart?

I guess I don't store them very well. When i took my 64GB card out of my X3 for a 128GB card I appear to have lost the 64. I have an *GB, two 16 GB, 1 128 GB and I lose the 64. Bah. Bah twice. I have two 128 GB cards on standing order at Amazon in case they ever come back in stock.

I'd like to hear from the person who bought the $50 non-name brand cards on Ebay. How are those cards doing?

Apr 23, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #9,338 of 17,484
  So how do you guys store your micro SD cards, when they're not in a player? They're so tiny and easy to lose.
Are there special holders available? Also, do you mark them in some way, to tell them apart?

I store my cards in something like this. It hold 6 + an SD card adapter as well.  And yes, I do mark them with a Sharpies to let myself know which card is which.

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #9,341 of 17,484
I have 2 things to say:

1: didn't i specifically say that one should create a directory in program files and put the files there?(as to have stuff like this not happen)
2: try to run the following: "Listdlls -u tusbaudioasio_x64.dll" and tell me what it shows you.

1: Oops. Sorry, seems that I have completely missed that.
2: I cannot get that to run. Gives me the ""listdlls" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program of batch file.".

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #9,342 of 17,484
1: Oops. Sorry, seems that I have completely missed that.
2: I cannot get that to run. Gives me the ""listdlls" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program of batch file.".

1: as my teacher says: an expert is just somebody who already made these mistakes. :)
2: whoops, forgot this link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896656.aspx

I will have to see if i can replicate this problem at home (sorry i couldn't do it before, busy busy!)

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #9,343 of 17,484
1: as my teacher says: an expert is just somebody who already made these mistakes.
smily_headphones1.gif

2: whoops, forgot this link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896656.aspx

I will have to see if i can replicate this problem at home (sorry i couldn't do it before, busy busy!)

1: Of course.
2: Ahh yes I have downloaded the program, and when run using your line I get "No matching processes were found".

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #9,344 of 17,484
  So where's the firmware update that was promised to be released by end of March, beginning of April?

I'm waiting for 4 months for this!
angry_face.gif

Not sure if you know this or not, but they are redesigning the whole layout of the interface.  That would take time since they don't have a huge staff to do it.  I happened to talked to the owner of a local headphone shop today and he told me that it should be in May.  Hope that is true, the new layout and the 5 band EQ should be good.

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #9,345 of 17,484
  Not sure if you know this or not, but they are redesigning the whole layout of the interface.  That would take time since they don't have a huge staff to do it.  I happened to talked to the owner of a local headphone shop today and he told me that it should be in May.  Hope that is true, the new layout and the 5 band EQ should be good.

See, this is what I don't get.  There are bugs that remain unfixed that cause the player to not function correctly: OGG files have a loud noise in one channel during playback, MP3 files are not decoded properly, switching on gapless causes the player to intermittently freeze or crash, etc.  Yet they're spending their time on a new interface. 

I don't understand why they didn't do this update in two phases: fix the known problems that affect functionality, and then release a new interface and added functionality (EQ, etc.).

I'm a big fan of the sound of the player, I really appreciate the degree to which FiiO communicates with its customers, and I understand that they have a small staff.  But I still question how they dealt with this update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back