The Fiio X3 Thread.
Apr 19, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #9,301 of 17,484
I didn't know it installed Asio at all. I did the exe install a while back and all that shows up in Foobar2K is Wasapi.

Interesting...

Using the exe I did get asio in musicbee and foobar (foobar does need an asio component to work). Sure there's no audible difference between the 2 (at least that i can hear), but I'm a little OCD when it comes to getting things to work properly....

Apr 20, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #9,302 of 17,484
Using the exe I did get asio in musicbee and foobar (foobar does need an asio component to work). Sure there's no audible difference between the 2 (at least that i can hear), but I'm a little OCD when it comes to getting things to work properly....

For the ASIO drivers you'll need to install using the .exe; however, you could also try the following:

Extract the following files to your program files/(new folder, give it a name)/

"Custom.ini"
"Tusbaudioasio.dll"
"Tusbaudioasio_x64.dll"(if you run 64bit windows)

Now run command prompt with admin rights, and type the following:

regsvr32 "c:\program files\(name of folder)\tusbaudioasio.dll"

Press enter, a popup should tell you that installation succeeded.
Do not forget the quotation marks in that command, as windows command prompt doesn't read spaces in filepaths.

If this succeeded, you can repeat it with the x64 file(if you are running a 64bit operating system)

Please let me know if this works, i have no means of testing it, as i don't use ASIO drivers, or own the X3 anymore.

If you want to unregister the .dll's, you run the command as above, but put /u between the program (regsvr32) and the files, as such:

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\(name of folder)\tusbaudioasio.dll"

Apr 20, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #9,303 of 17,484
For the ASIO drivers you'll need to install using the .exe; however, you could also try the following:

"Custom.ini"
"Tusbaudioasio.dll"

Do not forget the quotation marks in that command, as windows command prompt doesn't read spaces in filepaths.

If this succeeded, you can repeat it with the x64 file(if you are running a 64bit operating system)

Please let me know if this works, i have no means of testing it, as i don't use ASIO drivers, or own the X3 anymore.

If you want to unregister the .dll's, you run the command as above, but put /u between the program (regsvr32) and the files, as such:

I just gave it a try. Asio is now available in Foobar (haven't tried Musicbee yet, but I imagine it'll be there too)
So, yup it works. Just way easier to use the exe for future reference - the control panel probably doesn't eat much resources anyways. Doesn't the X5 use the same drivers?
Cheers

Apr 20, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #9,304 of 17,484
I just gave it a try. Asio is now available in Foobar (haven't tried Musicbee yet, but I imagine it'll be there too)
So, yup it works. Just way easier to use the exe for future reference - the control panel probably doesn't eat much resources anyways. Doesn't the X5 use the same drivers?
Cheers

It's another process in my tasklist (and unnessecary at that)
I'll try and write a script that'll install it all automatically.

Not sure if the drivers of the X5 are the same, and i'm not at my PC right now.

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #9,305 of 17,484
I have a quick question when using the X3 in the car.  My car has a USB input & I plugged in the unit in today for the first time using the USB cable.  When I accessed the unit using the touchscreen the albums & tracks on the internal memory showed up & played with no problem.  The car screen did not show albums or tracks on my microSD card which was in the X3.  Is there a setting on the player which would allow the car system to recognize the microSD contents & not just the internal memory?  Thanks very much.

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #9,306 of 17,484
Most car decks can not deal with a USB device that has multiple drives. There are no settings to show only one or the other drive, so your best bet is to use a uSD card reader on your deck and just plug in your card.

If my deck had USB, I'd just get a portable hard drive and take all my music with me... :D

Apr 21, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #9,307 of 17,484
I have a quick question when using the X3 in the car.  My car has a USB input & I plugged in the unit in today for the first time using the USB cable.  When I accessed the unit using the touchscreen the albums & tracks on the internal memory showed up & played with no problem.  The car screen did not show albums or tracks on my microSD card which was in the X3.  Is there a setting on the player which would allow the car system to recognize the microSD contents & not just the internal memory?  Thanks very much.

I've noticed the same in my car (BMW), a couple of times I've managed too access the SD card ( and only that) but the other times it shjowsnjust the internal memory.

I've put all my playlists on the internal memory so at least I can listened to them in the car.

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #9,308 of 17,484
I have decided I am not as patient as I thought I was...I really want that update
wink_face.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #9,310 of 17,484

"Custom.ini"
"Tusbaudioasio.dll"

I did what is told, ASIO now works but then when I go to the Asio settings on Foobar and clicked on the TUSBAudio option there the TUSBAudio control panel popped up. Is this supposed to happen?

The control panel came up from the USB driver directory from my downloads folder.

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #9,311 of 17,484
I did what is told, ASIO now works but then when I go to the Asio settings on Foobar and clicked on the TUSBAudio option there the TUSBAudio control panel popped up. Is this supposed to happen?

The control panel came up from the USB driver directory from my downloads folder.

Could you take a screenshot?

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #9,314 of 17,484

Users who are viewing this thread

Back