The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 20, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #8,071 of 17,484
i have X3 for 2 months now. And i dont recomend it to anyone.
1) It crashes and freezes a lot. Actual UI is pretty good apart from crashes.
2) It has some weird noises when in song is few frequencies(It isnt hiss)
3) It doesnt sound any better than 2012 Ipod classic
4) It needs 4-6 hours to recharge
i also would like horizontal screen like ipod classic, because i cant readsong names in folder view - screen is too narrow.
64Gb card works withount any issue.

Doesn't sound any better than an iPod Classic? No way

Jan 20, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #8,072 of 17,484
i also would like horizontal screen like ipod classic, because i cant readsong names in folder view - screen is too narrow.

1: delete the library database file, import everything again. this might help.
2: is it connected to anything when this occurs?
3: what headphones do you use?
4: yes, and you get around 10 hours of playback for that, i don't really see the problem with this.

Jan 20, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #8,073 of 17,484
Pictures of the Fiio x3 in it :)?

Coop who received his case before me and Lifted Andreas already posted a number of pictures with and without the X3 in it here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/the-fiio-x3-thread/7890#post_10165305

Pics are in the above post by razorblader. If you need any particular angles let me know and I'll take them this afternoon for you.

Wow what a negative post. :frowning2:

Clearly you're an iPod fanatic and probably will never appreciate any other DAPs as they are.

iPod is an iPod because it just does things like any other Apple product. Clearly you are used to it and deviating from that means you're in a new territory, you just have to accept that it isn't an iPod and will never be.

The X3 for a lot of people is the best budget DAP that's out right now. Speaking personally, it hasn't frozen or gone wrong for me once since I've owned it.

EDIT: @TrollDragon, dont mate... the C3 was a truly painful experience for me in terms of interface and user friendliness. The X3 is like an iPod Nano compared to the C3 lol. Pretty sure if someone gave him the C3 he'd ask whether its a calculator.

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #8,074 of 17,484
Wow what a negative post. :frowning2:

Clearly you're an iPod fanatic and probably will never appreciate any other DAPs as they are.

iPod is an iPod because it just does things like any other Apple product. Clearly you are used to it and deviating from that means you're in a new territory, you just have to accept that it isn't an iPod and will never be.

The X3 for a lot of people is the best budget DAP that's out right now. Speaking personally, it hasn't frozen or gone wrong for me once since I've owned it.

EDIT: @TrollDragon, dont mate... the C3 was a truly painful experience for me in terms of interface and user friendliness. The X3 is like an iPod Nano compared to the C3 lol. Pretty sure if someone gave him the C3 he'd ask whether its a calculator.

I wouldn't put it quite that way myself :xf_eek: Admittedly the X3 firmware has some flaws, most people are lucky enough not to run into them but we will work hard to perfect it for everybody :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 20, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #8,075 of 17,484
One quick question. Can X3 drive Audio Technica ATH-W5000?

70% vocal, 30% standard + contemporary jazz

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #8,076 of 17,484

If it's impedance is 300ohms or less the X3 should be able to drive it to adequate volume levels, but sometimes getting the best performance from a set of cans isn't just about power. The ATH's may or may not benefit from an external amplifier when used with the X3.

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #8,077 of 17,484

I have the ATH-AD900X (38 ohms) and the ATH-ESW9 (42 ohms) and it drives them just fine.  In fact most of my listening is done at 26 (out of 60) so I'd assume the ATH-W5000 (40 ohms) would work just fine with the X3.

I'm not a head-fi guru, but since the W5000 has a sensitivity of 102 dB/mW versus the 103 dB/mW of the ESW9 it should get to the same loudness.  I'm sure somebody else will pipe in and confirm or deny that.

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #8,078 of 17,484
iPod can't be a DAC, X3 can be a DAC. IMO, this feature is similar to Silencer ulti in Dota 2, silence other DAP in my usage.
tongue.gif
  Laptop soundcard sucks, no worries. Plug in your X3.

Luckily I never face any crash issue with my unit, except manufacturing defect.

Fiio X3> Sennheiser Amperior/ Shure SE 215 Limited Edition.
smily_headphones1.gif
etysmile.gif

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #8,079 of 17,484
my x3 just arrived...totally charged (charging indicator is green) but if i try to turn on a chinese message with 'attention' simbol appear and then it shut down alone
what can i do?

under 'attention' symbol with chinese message i can see language choice, but as i said i can't select anything, just few seconds and then it shut down

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #8,081 of 17,484
Pics are in the above post by razorblader. If you need any particular angles let me know and I'll take them this afternoon for you.

That looks awesome, thanks a lot, must have missed that post before. The exposed MicroSD slot looks to be the biggest downside with the case, but I'm definitely thinking about ordering one anyway, looks a lot better than the silicon case. Also the buttons are exposed, so that you are getting proper feedback from which buttons you are pressing... which the lack thereof was the biggest downside with using the silicon case, it feels like I'm loosing the feedback when pressing buttons, they are intuitive enough without the case, but with it on, I find myself fumbling somewhat.

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #8,083 of 17,484
Regarding renaming/retagging files to ensure that I don't suffer from any crash/hang (I've had it hang on me one time, thus the reason for considering this procedure), what program would people recommend? I'm thinking about using mp3tagger, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to change, and how I'm supposed to change it. Any guide, post or video you could recommend for me?

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #8,085 of 17,484
I wouldn't put it quite that way myself
redface.gif
Admittedly the X3 firmware has some flaws, most people are lucky enough not to run into them but we will work hard to perfect it for everybody
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha I see past those flaws mate, because I'm mainly interested in the sound quality coming out of any DAP and the X3 has lots of that sweet sounding goodness.

Any Apple product with a Cirrus chip is a big fail if you ask me, and thats pretty much most of them.

thank you very much....I.m stupid

Yeah its the hold button.

Dont worry about it mate, I sat at my office desk scratching my head for few minutes as well. Wondering why I couldn't select the language lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back