The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 28, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #6,799 of 17,483
  Awww man :frowning2:

Well, at least you got two weeks more of enjoying this device :D

Now that's the way to think! Good point! 
beyersmile.png

Nov 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #6,800 of 17,483
I don't own the X3 (it's on the way :D ). But when I use the music app on my phone, I rarely use "Browse files", mostly "Play all" and "Artist". I guess you have way more songs than mine, I only have 300-ish so "Play all" works out pretty well for me. Also, Fiio is in the Chinese market, which has a bunch of illegal downloads so the music files usually don't have the correct Album tag, and there are no Album folders at all

All countries have an illegal download problem.

Nov 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #6,805 of 17,483
X3 Firmware version FW2.1 fixed the following issues in version FW2.05:

1. Fixed issue with playback of 192kHz tracks where repeated plugging 

and unplugging of headphones may cause the sound to change pitch.
2. Fixed issue where the song's progress bar does not move when fast forwarding.
3. Fixed issue where X3 produces "pop" sounds when used as USB DAC with 

certain computers. (glitches may still occur with improper computer configuration)
4. Improved file sorting in browse mode, being now compatible with songs exported from iTunes.

So I still have that popping problem that was supposedly fixed, according to FW 2.1. I thought that maybe I have an improper computer configuration. So I tried looking around this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/638448/serious-popping-clicking-with-usb-dac/

I took out all of my other USB devices, changed/removed drivers, disabling Aero...and none of it worked. I'm at a loss of what to do here. This popping only happens in USB DAC mode. So it's not an issue with my IEM's. I don't know what to change. I'm going back to using my Headroom Desktop Amp. The X3 DAC sounds good, but I'm constantly in an paranoid mode thinking to myself, "Is it going to pop? Did I finally fix it?!" Any plans from Fiio to optimize the USB DAC mode further? I'd rather not spend all weekend trying to fix this.

Nov 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #6,806 of 17,483
Hi All,

Sorry if I'm drifting the topic, but I wanted to buy a new set of IEMs for my Fiio X3, I have drilled down to Sony XBA H1, is this is good enough IEMs for x3, my budget is somewhere around $100 I don't want to invest more money cause I already own UE6000, I'm not a basshead but I want bass enough to bring soul in my music, also is balanced armature good against dynamic drivers, pls recommend some IEMs which will give wide soundstage, as Fiio x3 has really opened my ears to wide soundstage.

Thanks! 

Nov 28, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #6,807 of 17,483
  Hi All,

Sorry if I'm drifting the topic, but I wanted to buy a new set of IEMs for my Fiio X3, I have drilled down to Sony XBA H1, is this is good enough IEMs for x3, my budget is somewhere around $100 I don't want to invest more money cause I already own UE6000, I'm not a basshead but I want bass enough to bring soul in my music, also is balanced armature good against dynamic drivers, pls recommend some IEMs which will give wide soundstage, as Fiio x3 has really opened my ears to wide soundstage.

Thanks! 

I don't think it's a matter of the IEM being "good enough" for the X3. You'd have to find an IEM that inherently has bass and wide soundstage. It's all relative, but I don't think you'll get good amounts of either unless you spend over $100. Look at these links and find whatever floats your boat: 
http://www.head-fi.org/a/top-tier-universal-iem-comparison-chart-and-information
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-303-iems-compared-noble-4s-added-11-28-13-p-813

Nov 28, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #6,808 of 17,483
does shure se215 spe be an effective match with x3..?

x3 has dark and warm sound.. so as se215.. so thinking that the match will become more darker

so worrying that they may not be best match...

will there be ay problem in soundstage..?

i also have momentum on-ear

wanna buy x3 for these..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back