The Fiio X3 Thread.
Sep 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #5,086 of 17,484
  Tried the X3 out with my T-Peos H-200 and the synergy is better than with the Heir 5.0.  I think the Dark/Dark quality is why the Heir works better with LO to the the RSA Intruder where-as the T-Peos sounds just brilliant right out of the X3.  Has anyone else made the same observation with the H-200?  I am using complt 500's on the t-peos BTW.

Right there with you Zach, got the H200s a few days before the X3. I like them better than my VSonic GR07s and they're right on par with my reshelled TF10s. Like you said, I think that the warm sonic quality of the X3 calms the sibilance of the H200 and works well with an already clean midrange and thick bass.

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #5,087 of 17,484
  I'll have the Cardas by Monday too

Bought the W4(r) again. Thinking about selling the wonderful H-200. Probably. Nothing wrong with the sound at all, just enjoying the M200 and S2 more. And I'm missing the W4, but now I'll be able to put a custom cable on it.

Did you post that because you'll be posting reviews about their synergy with the X3 later?

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #5,089 of 17,484

Did you post that because you'll be posting reviews about their synergy with the X3 later?

I actually post on the right site fellas. Sorry. But the M200 and S2 have excellent synergy with the X3.

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #5,090 of 17,484
This thing seems to be getting cleaned up very quickly - now I'm not so sure I want the DX50 instead.

Sep 12, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #5,092 of 17,484
now if i click play all its seems to freeze then the screen goes blank and the player wont respond.i have to turn it off and back on again and it still wont play when i choose play all. my music is on a  sandisc ultra 64 gig card i have around 14,000 files on it and 700 folders. the music is only wma at 128

Sep 12, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #5,093 of 17,484
  now if i click play all its seems to freeze then the screen goes blank and the player wont respond.i have to turn it off and back on again and it still wont play when i choose play all. my music is on a  sandisc ultra 64 gig card i have around 14,000 files on it and 700 folders. the music is only wma at 128

I have a lot of tracks on my SD and I have the same symptoms. If I wait long enough at the blank screen it does eventually give me a list of all the files. The X3 catalogue is very slow ATM. Hopefully they'll be some optimisations in the next release.

Sep 12, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #5,094 of 17,484
I got most my songs to show up  buy instead of haveing a folder for each artist then a folder for each album.i switched to having a folder for each artist and put all there songs in that folder.instead of a folder for artist and album.i hope i made my self clear im bad at explaining my self

Sep 12, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #5,095 of 17,484
Got my X3 today stuck a 64GB card from my C3 with a bunch of FLAC files on it in. Powered it up and within seconds I was listening to some Pink Floyd (album art showing and tracks in order). I converted all my FLAC files from iTunes ALAC files using dbpoweramp. So far no issues here *knocks on wood*.

How does it sound compared to your C3/BH combo - is it an obvious upgrade or just a different sound signature?

Sep 12, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #5,096 of 17,484
  BTW, there are only very few bugs right now, and we are working in some new feature or something that X3 is not support or not so great , like the gapless play, 

and cover display ( the new firmware will allow you use any kind of cover files, like names as folder, cover, or song or embedded in the sound track ). 

I known the UI looks not so great, but we believe that X3 will become the best mp3 in the detail , for example, X3 only support cover which less than 1M and 1024*1024,

but in the future , it may support up to 2048*204

Man this is so refreshing to hear. I also own a Cowon Z2 which is connected to a FiiO E12 and the sheer quality of the X3 absolutely blows the Cowon Z2 away even with the amp. The FiiO E12 does vastly improve the sound of my Cowon Z2 but the FiiO X3 is a beast right out the box. I'm also glad to hear that you guys are continuing to work on the gapless playback. I do alot of mixes and complilations and I tend to tag each song from the album it originated from, so you can imagine my disbelief when I found out that gapless only worked with album view. Firmware 1.23 allowed me to properly use gapless even with file browser view but it seems to be broken again in 1.25 and 1.31. I'm currently listening to a three volume compilation that has over 200 songs per volume and every song is either blended to the next or has zero time inbetween tracks. I love the improvements in fw 1.31 but I resorted to going back to 1.23 until you guys possibly get the chance to iron out the gapless issues. I'm in no way complaining as I totally understand a couple of ways around the issue and the positives greatly outweigh the negatives as far as I'm concerned. Most importantly you guys provided me with a portable player that packs a wallop without the need of carrying around my Z2 and E12, which is almost equivalent to carry around two wd passport drives, on my hip. And most importantly you guys listen to us. I was sold since I first purchased the Kilimanjaro-E11, which then led me to the Mont Blanc-E12 and now I've stumbled onto something even better. The sound quality of the X3 + E12 alongside my SM3's, GR07's and Copper Turbines is simply plush to my ears. Once I put down the IEM's and bust out the big dogs it's warp 9 and better Scotty. 
L3000.gif

Sep 12, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #5,097 of 17,484
Looking forward to my new x3 arriving tomorrow,i have the c3 and hopefully the x3 should sound better,just a little bug youve still to fix James,the Wolfson company is located and founded in Edinburgh,Scotland not England as mentioned in the Fiio webpage.yoh!

Sep 12, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #5,099 of 17,484
That isnt really a solution.....

Sep 12, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #5,100 of 17,484
a sandisk ultra 64 the red and grey cards 64 gig
Same here, I have two 64GB ultra and one 32GB ultra. No problems and fast retrieval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back