The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 26, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #3,136 of 17,484
Quote:
Hellnick: always CALL PayPal. They are far more helpful by phone, at least in the US. I have conviced them to reverse prior bad decisions on more than one occasion. Be firm but polite with them. If you funded your payment with your credit card, you can also do chargeback with them. Most cc companies will do a chargeback when pp is uncooperative, often without question.

PayPal require that you raise a complaint within 45 days of payment - there was a 3 or 4 week delay in Audiothinker sending the item and then I've spent weeks hassling the delivery company and then trying to get a coherent response from Audiothinker, so I'm outside the 45 day limit.  Good point on the credit card - the Paypal payment was linked to my credit card so I'll give that a go.

Cheers for the advice.

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #3,137 of 17,484
Yeah that's a bummer, the other thing is bummer, another is bummer, everything is bummer.

I think, what real bummer is, unsatisfied people with ridiculous demands from one of the best price/performance products out there.

Everybody ask something. You can't have it all, if the common needs are checked, that's enough. You can't produce a dap in that price range which gives everything all the people wants. I don't understand people who complains about small things.

I agree that some people have crazy expectations and unyielding in them but I think he asked a fair question. He didn't throw a tantrum but just gave his opinion. It's not like he asked for anything crazy. I would like that feature but it isn't a must for me. I can deal with the cons of the x3 because the pros out weigh them to me.

Do I wish it had a different button layout? Thinner? Longer battery life? Yeah but I can't find a more cost affective upper mid tier dap with a line out that has company support.

That said.... I can't wait to try it out. Hopefully it gets here before I leave for my conference.

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #3,139 of 17,484
Quote:
Yeah that's a bummer, the other thing is bummer, another is bummer, everything is bummer.

I think, what real bummer is, unsatisfied people with ridiculous demands from one of the best price/performance products out there.

Everybody ask something. You can't have it all, if the common needs are checked, that's enough. You can't produce a dap in that price range which gives everything all the people wants. I don't understand people who complains about small things.

Ok... I didn't expected such an agressive reply but I will go on on the tone and comment the rest.

X3 is indeed sexy but what is ridiculous asking for feature if it's useful four you ? Plus I don't see how that and the price range are related in any way but... ok.

It doesn't make the X3 less sexy, it just isn't suited for my needs in its current state and that's perfectly fine, people who don't need this will still enjoy it, and I will enjoy alternative which meet my needs, everybody is happy :)

Chill-out my friend.

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #3,140 of 17,484
No! They will make exceptions if there was a shipping delay, and especially where you are buying from outside your country. This is why you should call. Do not just assume things. The 45 day rule is easily waived. Call them first. If they refuse to satisy you, your cc company likely will not hesitate to refund you in full for a purchase you never received.

PayPal require that you raise a complaint within 45 days of payment - there was a 3 or 4 week delay in Audiothinker sending the item and then I've spent weeks hassling the delivery company and then trying to get a coherent response from Audiothinker, so I'm outside the 45 day limit.  Good point on the credit card - the Paypal payment was linked to my credit card so I'll give that a go.

Cheers for the advice.

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #3,143 of 17,484
Arrggg... I just ordered from mp4nation yesterday

Jul 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #3,145 of 17,484
Mp4Nation's shipping to USA is about the same speed due to Fedex shipping.

You also get a freebie with mp4nation.

But of course, if problems arise....

It's a trade off

That's what I'm hoping for but we'll have to wait till mp4nation gets it in stock. Hopefully it ships soon

Jul 26, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #3,147 of 17,484
Jul 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #3,148 of 17,484
I've got a question. I'm currently looking for a good player that I can use my M100s and my GR07 BEs amp-less for traveling. I've got a Fiio e07k and a Fiio e12 and I actually prefer the e07k just a bit because I can tweak the balance/gain/bass/treble a bit to my liking where the e12 is just what it is.  My sources are an iPod Tough 5th Gen and an iPad Mini right now...both used with the Fiio Line Out.

From what I can tell by reading this entire thread, the X3 is going to sound very similar to the Fiio amps I have (more so the e12 I think) without the need for an amp.  That is my goal.  Now, the other option is a Cowon player like the 9+ which does a little bit more in terms of equalizer.  It also appears to be a bit smaller.  I know this is a X3 thread, but I'm trying to decide between these two awesome devices for on the go use.  I'd probably end up selling my iPod Touch so the cost isn't really an issue, just deciding is!  The 32gb 9+ is $159 via Amazon and the X3, while currently it's not really shipping in the USA is obviously $199 for 8GB w/ expandable storage.  

Just trying to figure out what would be a better sounding player, given the fact that I clearly have a preference for bass given my headphone and IEM ownership.  :)

Jul 26, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #3,149 of 17,484
I think the amp section of the x3 is similar to the e17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back