The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Jul 8, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #1,487 of 3,613

Quote:
Here's a few mock-ups to show that the current color isn't half bad:

First to last: Glossy black, Silver, Glossy white, Matte black (rubbery feel = UNF), Current.

Silver / chrome gets my vote, though I am not so sure about turning anodized aluminum into chrome finishing.

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #1,488 of 3,613
Wonder if its possible to have the FIIO logo the home/main menu button.  The volume buttons on the left or right, which ever, but should be raised higher as when you hold the device that is where your thumb would naturally be.  And the logo not lighting up is pretty dumb in my mind, it should definitely light up on power on and go off soon after, as well as when it is connected to a dock of whatever type, the e9 or w/e it can dock to.  The less clutter the better. 

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #1,490 of 3,613
The logo should not lighting up, on the power on/off of the device becouse we need as much battery life as possible.If this will have 15 h+ battery life will be amazing, and for me Matte black (rubbery feel = UNF gets my vote.
That will match my Westone 4
tongue.gif

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #1,491 of 3,613
Gotta say that I wasn't too impressed with the early pictures of the 'new' shape. However I didn't say too much because I knew it would likely still morph a little more AND it was just a rendition.

These latest renditions posted are starting to look pretty fine, I have to agree.

Let's be honest though, most DAPs hit the shelves before we get to see what they look like, so even seeing this one, let alone inputting into it's design is (possibly) unique, and we should be grateful to have that chance.

Jul 8, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #1,494 of 3,613

Haha.  It wasn't about proving you wrong but finding the damned answer since the prototype engineers at Fiio don't seem to have rulers.  Do you have something against Geometry?  
tongue_smile.gif

Quite a bit has changed since the first post as you can see.  Including stretching the frame to fit a bigger battery.

Geometry no problem, Trigonometry hell yea!!! Stupid co-sine:p!

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #1,495 of 3,613

Quote:
What would Jimi Hendrix have done in this case?

Touche! I could use the buttons upside down but reading the display might be a pain in the a**e. Besides, Jimi would not be on my playlist.

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #1,496 of 3,613

Quote:
The logo should not lighting up, on the power on/off of the device becouse we need as much battery life as possible.If this will have 15 h+ battery life will be amazing, and for me Matte black (rubbery feel = UNF gets my vote.
That will match my Westone 4
tongue.gif

why does the logo lighting up have to eat up battery?

they could use light bleed from the screen to light the logo when the screen is on!  ala macbook etc

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #1,498 of 3,613

Quote:
omg please fiio dont copy apple in anything (specially the price)

*** what a stupid comment! full of fail!

its not just apple that have incorporated light bleed to light logos etc without using up excess battery life.  if anything this would save on price by not having a specific led etc.

simple to do and gives a cool effect.

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #1,499 of 3,613

Quote:
*** what a stupid comment! full of fail!

its not just apple that have incorporated light bleed to light logos etc without using up excess battery life.  if anything this would save on price by not having a specific led etc.

simple to do and gives a cool effect.

from now and anf only because of you I am gonna add an spolier to my jokes 

"Spoiler: The following comment is a joke"

seriously What is wrong with you?

also: its a stupid and unnecessary effect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back