The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Jul 9, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #1,516 of 3,613
if the SQ of x3 through line out is better/on par than/with diymod + v-cap dock, i'm sold
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #1,519 of 3,613
I believe you're correct plus I think PMP's have bigger screens(higher res) and wifi(if applicable). I know DAP stands for Digital Audio Player.  Usually don't have a screen bigger than 2".  But as far as sound quality goes depends on who manufactures the device.  Cowon makes great pmps that also has great sq.

Jul 10, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #1,520 of 3,613

Quote:

So I repeat my question, why would I buy this player?  Is it this digital output that makes it so appealing?

Well for me all I needed to know was 24/192, line and coax out (plus compact size) and I'm already sold.  I hope it looks pretty good but since it has  no competition for what it does and no one else will ever see it but me I'm not too concerned about that.

For a device this small to play 24/192 at this price point is amazing.  The fact that it has coax out automatically makes it significantly better than any ipod or similar device anywhere since this will allow a bit-perfect digital out to connect to whatever DAC you want.  It should also work better than your computer since your getting the music away from your noisy computer environment.  The line out allows you to connect it to any amp you want.  If you need more power you connect it to the e11, need a better DAC use the e17 but I'll be using this with my $3000 amp/dac with my LCD-2s.

Jul 10, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #1,521 of 3,613
My problem with the past 20 pages or so of this thread is that almost none of you seem to trust Fiio in making a great product.   Fiio has NEVER let anyone down before with design, all of their products are great.  Expect this X3 to be great as well regardless of the design.  You kids are asking way too darn much of them and should be thankful they care enough to even listen to you and ask for your input.

Fiio will give us a great media player, so settle down and relax.  

Jul 10, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #1,522 of 3,613

Quote:
My problem with the past 20 pages or so of this thread is that almost none of you seem to trust Fiio in making a great product.   Fiio has NEVER let anyone down before with design, all of their products are great.  Expect this X3 to be great as well regardless of the design.  You kids are asking way too darn much of them and should be thankful they care enough to even listen to you and ask for your input.

Fiio will give us a great media player, so settle down and relax.  

I agree, but when you see the incredibly generic "PORTABLE PLAYER" written across the front of the prototype it's a bit concerning.

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #1,525 of 3,613

Quote:

I couldn't disagree more with this post.  Fiio is asking us for input.  We are giving it.  They are asking because they want it to be a successful and quality product.  The decision is ultimately theirs.  I also disagree about all their products being 'great'.  Some are acceptable for the price but not great.  If some of you can't take criticism of a product that none of you even own or have a stake in I suggest some of you join any of the other gazillion fanboy threads around here or make another.  It's the placating fanboys that are out of line here.  If that's how you feel then stop posting and just buy whatever they release.  Why even participate?  

Fiio:  Can you give us feedback on our new DAP please?
Fanboy:  It's perfect, everything you do is perfect.  I worship at your altar and want to have your babies.
Fiio:  Uh...gee, thx. 

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #1,526 of 3,613
Kick back, be patient and take a chill pill and just wait for Fiio to release it. Nobody said it was perfect, I even suggested a few button layouts and photoshoped images myself.  But, if you even skim through the last few pages you should get a sense that the majority just want Fiio to make a dap that spits gold bars as well as being the best product ever in any price range, most of you are being incredibly unrealistic about all of this.  Why not just ask Fiio to make this new DAP spit gold bars as well?   

Just let fiio do what fiio does best

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #1,528 of 3,613

Quote:
What i need is 192/24 FLAC DAP with 15+ hours battery life.
Can anybody tell me free program to convert( or how to rip them ) Cd's in FLAC 192/24 free?Many thanks, Levi

Realize that upconverting audio files to a higher bit rate does absolutely nothing, and that going from a 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz sampling rate is going to introduce interpolation that isn't necessary.  It's certainly not audible, but it is in no way desirable.  You get far larger files with the same audio quality.

It's the same as trying to take a photo and upsample it from 3 megapixels to 3000 megapixels - you just can't retrieve information that isn't there.  On the other hand, imagine that both photos are small 4x6 prints - it doesn't matter whether they originally were 3 megapixels or 3000 megapixels - there's no visible difference between them.

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #1,529 of 3,613
Sorry but CDs are 16/44.

24/192 is for people who have been collection hi-res files but it also includes HDCD, DVD audio and other formats that may be out.

Now a free program to convert CD's to FLAC is EAC.  Of course you can also use foobar and countless other programs too.

There is a rumor that iTunes may start selling music in 24 bit so this DAC will also cover that potential future.

Jul 10, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #1,530 of 3,613

So there is no use to convert my CD's to FLAC 24/192, allright?So there where can i get this music from?I must buy it, as CD's go only to 16/44.
If i have DVD audio can i convert it to 24/192 FLAC without any lost?
Cheers, Levi
Quote:
Sorry but CDs are 16/44.

24/192 is for people who have been collection hi-res files but it also includes HDCD, DVD audio and other formats that may be out.

Now a free program to convert CD's to FLAC is EAC.  Of course you can also use foobar and countless other programs too.

There is a rumor that iTunes may start selling music in 24 bit so this DAC will also cover that potential future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back