The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Jul 8, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #1,473 of 3,613
Looks fine. Looking at them (prototype vs sample) side by side, it turned out really well. I like the "Fiio" instead of portable player, but maybe it should have "X3" after it as well, would rather see the product name on it then its description

Leave the button layout!!!!!!!

It looks awesome! doesnt seem too "unnatural" at all. really cant wait for this thing!

On a side note, would pairing the X3 with the E7 be practical? Im not too understanding of the chips etc
(if using the E7 as an amp, not DAC)
Or would the E11 be a better choice?

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #1,474 of 3,613
Remove the volume buttons, put a tight wheel on the left side of the player for the middle or index finger to operate!

Make the rest of buttons much larger for the thumb to operate like this! This way it would be possible to operate without looking.

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #1,476 of 3,613
it really doesnt matter how the buttons are configured, after a few days of use you will have it memorized and be able to press them through your pocked without even removing the player.

that does beg the question however... is there a hold/button lock on this thing?

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #1,479 of 3,613

Quote:
LMAO, you don't have to pull a protractor to prove someone wrong
rolleyes.gif
 Just going by what the 1st post said. 

Haha.  It wasn't about proving you wrong but finding the damned answer since the prototype engineers at Fiio don't seem to have rulers.  Do you have something against Geometry?  
tongue_smile.gif

Quite a bit has changed since the first post as you can see.  Including stretching the frame to fit a bigger battery.

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #1,480 of 3,613

Quote:
Still love the original prototype

i prefer this one too, myself. when i look at the last prototype, i can't be unhappy with the looks and can't find big difference compared to the original prototype. but somehow i still feel the original prototype is much better. maybe because of the flat buttons?? i noticed that the last prototype uses a sinking button-style

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #1,481 of 3,613
i get the feeling some  of what is fueling the "prefer the old prototype" sentiments is the fact that the screen is on, and has that blue color.  it makes the dap look a lot more modern and gives some color contrast... also the metal on the back and edges is a huge plus. 

i also beleive that a true black color like in the original rather than what appears to be more of a silvery gray in the latest, would help the whole player look more modern, sleek and just plain better.

i think probably getting rid of the silver in the button grooves and just making it all black (like the original photo) would be a plus too.

heck the recesses buttons were nicer too.

well that does it, I am gonna have to agree .. the original prototype really does look the best

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:59 AM Post #1,482 of 3,613
I agree with you that the original design will be better, but there are some different now

1, We change the dimension to install a bigger battery. so it will look a little longer than the original, we are trying to put something to keep the balance between the length and the width.

2, The LCD size and the original design has a picture in there. we will add a picture too.

3, The key light is off ( still blue light )

We will design some new outlook and you can select on later. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 8, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #1,483 of 3,613
Fiio can you keep the original design, even if will be longer?Also the volume should be on the side, to have more room on the front for bigger buttons, so we can operate from the pocket too.
But if battery life only 10h, many won't be happy.Do you have a the final weight, or have a clue how much will weight?Does it support SDXC 64 GB or not?
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back