The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Jul 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #1,441 of 3,613
How about this?  The Fiio logo lights up and the center buttons are offset a bit instead of perfectly in line with the others, keep the blue backlight theme since the E11 power on light is blue

Jul 7, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #1,443 of 3,613

Quote:
How about this?  The Fiio logo lights up and the center buttons are offset a bit instead of perfectly in line with the others, keep the blue backlight theme since the E11 power on light is blue

much better imo. the thing i keep disliking the most is that angled edge. why not just flat surface? sorry if u dont get what i mean, not native english here.

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #1,446 of 3,613

Quote:
here is my suggestion to fiio....the layout is kinda off for me...human brain normally is more adapt to perpendicular layout instead of slanting one
i found this is better layout for me

sorry for the lousy drawing skill of me...==''

lol that doesnt make sense, why are the up and down vol next ot each other and the - "forward" the + ? its confusing.

as for the X3 looks much better. and +1 for the fiio logo instead of "portable player"

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #1,447 of 3,613

Quote:

An illuminated logo would waste battery, and be reminiscent of a Sansa Fuze with its blue ring. I like the FiiO picture except for the "portable player" should be replaced by a non-illuminated FiiO logo.

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #1,448 of 3,613
The logo light could be made to shut off after power on and should only be on during that brief time and for charging or when docked, also the edges are not that important to me and I am not a fiio designer bit if you guys want to see a more flushed and flat design, I might be able to fashion that on PhotoShop just for kicks. I want this type of button layout though, its sleek, sexier and pocket friendly imo, it seems like I could use the buttons easily in my pocket and not have to pull it out to use it or worry about wrong button presses , the sideways version seems like it would be much hard to use without looking

Jul 7, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #1,449 of 3,613
Agreed w/ others.  Remove the border lines and just use Fiio.  Those rubber or plastic buttons look very cheap.  I also agree I still don't like the glossy plastic beveled edges.  Just put a flat plastic plate over it like the E7.  The E7 looks about 100% better than this tbh.  As it stands the current pic reminds me of a 1970's remote control and should say RCA on it.  Not that there is anything wrong with retro.  It's interesting how far things can change from the original concept art.  Should have just crammed an X3 into the X7 case maybe?

So measurements?  LxWxH??

Jul 7, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #1,452 of 3,613
No "Portable Player" or "Fiio", both are redundant and distract viewing the screen and the buttons. Have a look at the design of ipod nano 4 or 5.

You want it to look simple and classy, not unnecessary and cheap.

I agree with this, but at present the front face has too much empty space between the interface, the screen and the borders, removing the logo altogether would make the unit look unfinished. Maybe increasing the button size would help, but I'm OK with the distribution.

Jul 7, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #1,453 of 3,613

Quote:
Agreed w/ others.  Remove the border lines and just use Fiio.  Those rubber or plastic buttons look very cheap.  I also agree I still don't like the glossy plastic beveled edges.  Just put a flat plastic plate over it like the E7.  The E7 looks about 100% better than this tbh.  As it stands the current pic reminds me of a 1970's remote control and should say RCA on it.  Not that there is anything wrong with retro.  It's interesting how far things can change from the original concept art.  Should have just crammed an X3 into the X7 case maybe?

So measurements?  LxWxH??

I believe the dimensions are the similar to the E7 except thicker.  Probably because of the inclined bezel adding to it, just speculation only. Just wish they stuck with silver metal buttons like the E7's.  Kinda thinking twice of getting this but we'll see. 

Jul 7, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #1,454 of 3,613
This is looking pretty nice!

Was it ever confirmed whether the front is acrylic or glass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back