The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Jul 5, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #1,411 of 3,613
Fiio can we please have the final design photo of the DAP? Will it be released in august or later?As long as it does 24/192 Khz FLAC at over 15H+ battery life i am sold.
This may be a much better deal the Hifiman HM 603.
www.youtube.com/safug
Thanks, Levi

I still got some patiance left.....for this great DAP made by Fiio.
gs1000.gif

Jul 5, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #1,413 of 3,613
I hope all the delays are because they're ironing the firmware and not just because the software developer is making them wait for their turn.

I'm stuck with an ipod nano 3th gen, and don't even know if I should just wait or get a CmoyBB + L9 in the mean time.

by the time it gets out maybe I've saved enough to get an HM-601
tongue.gif

Jul 5, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #1,414 of 3,613
I dont understand why people are calling these "delays"    Fiio seemed to give a very tenative August date, and has simply updated us saying its going to take a little longer?

Maybe I'm misinformed, but this does not sound like "delays" to me.  It sounds like updated information.  They never seemed to be trying to tell us "we have a set in stone release date"

Jul 5, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #1,416 of 3,613

Quote:
I dont understand why people are calling these "delays"    Fiio seemed to give a very tenative August date, and has simply updated us saying its going to take a little longer?

Maybe I'm misinformed, but this does not sound like "delays" to me.  It sounds like updated information.  They never seemed to be trying to tell us "we have a set in stone release date"

Well yes, but people tend to get impatient when something epic gets pushed back from what they all expected it to be.
tongue.gif

I really don't mind when it comes out as long as the final product actually works well and comes out before 2012. Sure, having it in August would be nice but another month or two of waiting is a non-issue because at worst, even my phone makes for an impromptu DAP.

Jul 5, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #1,417 of 3,613
We are impatient because we don't know what the actual device looks like.  Will it look like the early renderings or the plastic/cheap-looking prototype model?

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #1,418 of 3,613
As mentioned before, the ball is not in FiiO's hand right now, but on the SoC supplier's (who are also developing the firmware to go with the SoC and PCB). Until the supplier gives FiiO all the needed pieces on both hardware and software, there is no point asking FiiO for an firm release date or prototype.

Jul 5, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #1,419 of 3,613
+1 NOTHING TO DO BUT WAIT.

When its out itll be out, no point asking for more (non software related) features etc

Honestly though, i really dont have an intention to buy it anymore (or actual faith that it will be that good(( despite my best wishes and appreciation that they involved us in the first place)), my clip+ or cube and zo etc sounds fantastic and if i was going up in the world itd prob be for a hifiman.  That said if it does get stellar reviews, in being the jesus player its being hyped to i may take a second look but def not as an early adopter.

oh and i think the first plan for release etc was mentioned for march, so ummmm yeh, thats it being pushed back a long time............. then again i might be thinking of something else but ill have a look and see if i can find why im thinking that.

Jul 6, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #1,421 of 3,613
I also look forward to see and hear this Fiio X3, looks like it will be a very good player but at this moment, I am really happy with my Hisoundaudio Studio V.

Jul 6, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #1,424 of 3,613
You can have one on http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/ and they are in stock.

Or directly email Mister Jack Fu from Hisoundaudio: fuzhengyun@126.com

I don't want to talk about this player on this thread but I'll post a rewiev soon...

There's already a good rewiev written by Mark2410 on head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back