The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Jul 7, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #1,429 of 3,613
Looks good :D Im definitely buying one! I dont give a crap about the screen size or keys. As long as it sounds good and has stable firmware.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #1,430 of 3,613
I like the buttons, please make sure it says Fiio on the top not portable player.

Jul 7, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #1,431 of 3,613
Like the guy who photoshopped your pic suggests, I think Fiio on the front would be better than 'portable player'. Other than that it looks up to the task, although the main thing of course will be what it's like to use i.e. the firmware. 

Jul 7, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #1,432 of 3,613
Another vote for Fiio logo instead of portable player .  Three votes so far... 

One question though... Is the finish glossy plastic, or some other material ? I would be much happier if it were niсkel ... 

Jul 7, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #1,433 of 3,613
That looks real smart on its own, but I wonder if it would not perhaps be too much of a contrast when docked on E9.  Would it be possible to get a photo with X3 docked to E9, please?  I don’t care if it says “Portable Player” or FiiO on top.  Looks good either way.

Jul 7, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #1,435 of 3,613
No "Portable Player" or "Fiio", both are redundant and distract viewing the screen and the buttons. Have a look at the design of ipod nano 4 or 5.

You want it to look simple and classy, not unnecessary and cheap.

Jul 7, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #1,436 of 3,613
It's small and slim just the way I like it. Tempting pics right there. I wish it will be released soon without any delays. But don't rush it FiiO. Make sure it's working like the way it should be before releasing the X3. Thanks for the update.

Jul 7, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #1,438 of 3,613
That plastic button is ugly to me,and I'll be dubious about it's durability.
Metal button will make sense.

So,by far,how long is the play time once charge in the latest test model?
And just as the first thought,there is no internal memory right?
So,I think the background hiss will improve in much with other players.
How your team deal with the volume gain?

Thanks,feiao

Jul 7, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #1,439 of 3,613
here is my suggestion to fiio....the layout is kinda off for me...human brain normally is more adapt to perpendicular layout instead of slanting one
i found this is better layout for me

sorry for the lousy drawing skill of me...==''

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #1,440 of 3,613

Quote:
Very nice, but:

Thanks for keeping in touch with us, and don't forget about RockBox!

I agree with what the person in this photo has done.. remove the grey border, remove the grey lines around "portable player" and either put Fiio, or nothing at all.

I would also get rid of the grey bar along the bottom...   keep it simple

Users who are viewing this thread

Back