The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Apr 21, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #872 of 3,613

Quote:
Anyone care to tell me what coax out is?Is that where you can plu in speakers like 8020?

its a form of digital output- coax referring to the style of connector it takes - in this case a mini out (1/8")  
this sends a digital signal so that you can bypass the players dac, and use another dac with it instead

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #874 of 3,613

Quote:
Hi, sorry but I forgot. What iwll the dock connector be usable for now that it also has a 3.5 mm lineout? I presume to click it into a fio amp but which?
Thanks
Greetings, Anouk,

E9 desktop amp.  Same principle as the E7 DAC.

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #875 of 3,613
Quote:
its a form of digital output- coax referring to the style of connector it takes - in this case a mini out (1/8")  
this sends a digital signal so that you can bypass the players dac, and use another dac with it instead

Just to add more info: Coax is short for coaxial. It is the way of how the cable is constructed, with the signal wire in the center and the ground wire forming a shield surrounding it on all side on a constant distant. Coax is used for high frequency signal transmission where the signal speed is usually into radio frequency region. That cause regular wire to act like an antenna and radiate the signal out, resulting in signal lost or signal strength reduction. The coax construction uses the ground wire to shield the signal wire so the radiation is confined inside, and greatly reduce any signal lost. Technically coax is not designed just for digital signal, but any high frequency signal (i.e. TV signal). But it works just as well for digital signal, because digital signal also works in radio frequency.

Coax-out is actually one form of S/PDIF, so is TOSlink (optical-out). S/PDIF is a standard co-developed by Sony and Philips for transmitting digital audio signal. Basically the DAC in the source doesn't convert the internal signal from digital to analog signal (for headphone / speaker /etc), but instead into S/PDIF signal and output it. Since it is a digital to digital conversion, not data is lost during the process (ideally speaking) and therefore you can use the signal on another (supposedly better) DAC to convert it to analog signal and get a better sound.

Quote:
Hi, sorry but I forgot. What iwll the dock connector be usable for now that it also has a 3.5 mm lineout? I presume to click it into a fio amp but which?
Thanks
Greetings, Anouk,

You can dock the X3 on the E9 desktop amp for power hungry headphone, or simply just use them as a desktop rig.

Apr 21, 2011 at 6:23 AM Post #876 of 3,613
I hope they include a small coax cable inside the box.Oh my ibasso d10 will soon have a mate and I am so happy for it!
smile.gif

Apr 21, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #877 of 3,613
I cannot wait for this one but I wish  to find on a subsequent version bluetooth or wifi implemented in order to play the song to my new amplifier Pioneer vsx 1021 wirelessly

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #879 of 3,613
If you are mainly an IEM user, you will probably be fine without E9. Of course this is not to say you won't find any improvement E9.

Apr 22, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #880 of 3,613
Is there an X3 player coming?
I'm looking to buy a nice player that plays back hi-rez files while I walk as part of relearning to walk-long story. But I need something to help motivate me, music does that but hi-rez is a no-brainer.
So before I pay entirely too much money for a player that does hi-rez I wanted to check Fiio, I love my E5, so is there a player coming???

Apr 22, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #883 of 3,613

Quote:
Is there an X3 player coming?
I'm looking to buy a nice player that plays back hi-rez files while I walk as part of relearning to walk-long story. But I need something to help motivate me, music does that but hi-rez is a no-brainer.
So before I pay entirely too much money for a player that does hi-rez I wanted to check Fiio, I love my E5, so is there a player coming???

I wish! a DAP by fiio would be pretty awesome

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #884 of 3,613
when will feiao's holiday finish...i wwanna see him so badly...=)

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #885 of 3,613
Is it hdd base(for large libraries) or flash with expansion SD? Sorry, didn't read the entire 59 pages. Really wish it's the latter since I have 110gigs worth of music files. I'm still haven't made up my mind on buying the Cowon X7(some bad reviews are deterring me away from it:frowning2: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back