The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Apr 24, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #886 of 3,613

Quote:
Is it hdd base(for large libraries) or flash with expansion SD? Sorry, didn't read the entire 59 pages. Really wish it's the latter since I have 110gigs worth of music files. I'm still haven't made up my mind on buying the Cowon X7(some bad reviews are deterring me away from it:frowning2: )

It doesnt have a built in memory. only microSD slot. not for large libraries for sure. unless you can buy a crapload os cards and carry them around.

Apr 24, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #887 of 3,613
It doesnt have a built in memory. only microSD slot. not for large libraries for sure. unless you can buy a crapload os cards and carry them around.

Thanks for clearing that out. Guess I have to keep looking or just buy the X7

Apr 24, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #888 of 3,613

Quote:
Is it hdd base(for large libraries) or flash with expansion SD? Sorry, didn't read the entire 59 pages. Really wish it's the latter since I have 110gigs worth of music files. I'm still haven't made up my mind on buying the Cowon X7(some bad reviews are deterring me away from it:frowning2: )

Not both. They don't have internal memory. They only have a microSD card slot. So you have to buy you own memory card
Good news is that They will support SDXC.

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #890 of 3,613

Quote:
Howdy guys.

Is there a tentative release date yet? I don't feel like reading through the 88 page thread...

Sup bob.
we are waiting for Feiao to come from vacations(?) and post a pict of the real deal, then he will ship some samples to reviewers here in HF and it suppose to come out next month

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #892 of 3,613
I assume the price is still undecided too, then.

The only news we have had on price is that James from Fiio said he didn't think it would be over $199.

Apr 24, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #894 of 3,613
Fiio needs to hurry up.  The only DAP I could concievably get as opposed to this would be the new iPhone 5, assuming I can get it with 64gb internal storage (which is currently projected.)  So if iPhone 5 comes out first, the idea of an integrated phone and media device that can hold all of my music files (and lossless files as ALAC) would be too much to resist.

Apr 24, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #896 of 3,613

ipod cannot play lossles files unless is Rockboxed, i will take any day a Clip+ or Fuze over ipod..anybody know it the DAC inside X3 is better then one in HM 602?thanks.
Quote:
Fiio needs to hurry up.  The only DAP I could concievably get as opposed to this would be the new iPhone 5, assuming I can get it with 64gb internal storage (which is currently projected.)  So if iPhone 5 comes out first, the idea of an integrated phone and media device that can hold all of my music files (and lossless files as ALAC) would be too much to resist.

Apr 24, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #897 of 3,613

Quote:
ipod cannot play lossles files unless is Rockboxed, i will take any day a Clip+ or Fuze over ipod..anybody know it the DAC inside X3 is better then one in HM 602?thanks.

Apple DOES lossless.  Go read their site.  And anybody that has listened to the latest generations knows they have quality sound.  Enough derailing, this has nothing to do with the X3.

Apr 24, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #899 of 3,613
I love how people write off the X3 once they hear it might be around $200. With the plethora of features and options... they still think Fiio is gonna keep it at a REALLY low cost? Come on now. Like James has stated, if you want a cheap DAP, get tyhose other products. The X3 is aiming to contend with those in its price range and possibly beyond. It's what Fiio does.

If you think a Clip or whatnot wil possibly compare, then go right ahead. I own a Fuze V2 which I'm very happy with, but lacks all the versatility the X3 will have. I'm not certain I have a use for the X3 atm, but I do want one eventually.

Apr 24, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #900 of 3,613

Quote:
anybody know it the DAC inside X3 is better then one in HM 602?thanks.

Night and day.  602 is a Phillips NOS (non-oversampling) DAC that provides a unique flavor.  X3 is a Wolfson 8740 like used in the Sflo2 and QA350.  Spec and measurement wise the 8740 trumps the NOS dac but the 8740 doesn't sound like a NOS DAC.  I have both DACs still.  They have their places just like whatever you might find in your refrigerator.  I'm actually using the FX700 w/ the NOS DAC right now for synergy reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back