The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Apr 26, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #916 of 3,613
Thinks that would make it great: (in my eyes)

- Expandable to atleast 32gb via sdxc or microsd
- 10hrs+ battery life
- No bigger than iPod classic
- Album art
- Folder browsing
- Under $200

I'm super excited for the all of Fiio's upcoming products, this with a e7 would be quite nice as a everyday portable setup.

Apr 26, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #917 of 3,613

Quote:
I can understand if the bulk of you guys want a dedicated music player, but I think a music player integrated with my phone that has wireless internet capabilities would be really cool, especially since the iPhone is, quite honestly, a fantastic music player (at least the iphone 4 in my experience with it)

So if I can integrate all of that good stuff without any loss in sound quality, why not?  I own an iPod touch, and I just don't use many apps.  I only use it for music, and nothing really "gets in the way" of my listening experience.  I imagine I would have a similar experience with iPhone 5 (which should be available in 64gb)

Fair point

I worry that i'll kill my battery listening to music all day and won't be able to phone for Pizza in the evening
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #918 of 3,613

Quote:
Thinks that would make it great: (in my eyes)

- Expandable to atleast 32gb via sdxc or microsd
- 10hrs+ battery life
- No bigger than iPod classic
- Album art
- Folder browsing
- Under $200

I'm super excited for the all of Fiio's upcoming products, this with a e7 would be quite nice as a everyday portable setup.

IIRC it has been said in this thread that the X3 already has the same, or better, amp circuit of the E7!

Apr 26, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #919 of 3,613
My perfect DAP:
Dedicated line out and digital out.
Hi-res playback, up to 24/196.
Great battery life.
Good sized color screen.
Rockbox.
Very large storage capacity (160 gig+).

The X3 will have most of these features, more than any other player out there, at least. Honestly, I really want a DAP that can use laptop hard drives for storage. I could care less about bulk, if I want a small player, I have my Fuze, which is great. But usually, I always have a backpack with me and wouldn't mind carrying something like that around. If I could design and build a DAP like that, I would.

I'm totally nabbimg this when it comes out, that said, and an iBasso D12, that combo would rule!

Apr 26, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #920 of 3,613

Quote:
My perfect DAP:
Great battery life.
Good sized color screen.
Rockbox.
Very large storage capacity (160 gig+).

The X3 will have most of these features, more than any other player out there, at least. Honestly, I really want a DAP that can use laptop hard drives for storage. I could care less about bulk, if I want a small player, I have my Fuze, which is great. But usually, I always have a backpack with me and wouldn't mind carrying something like that around. If I could design and build a DAP like that, I would.

I'm totally nabbimg this when it comes out, that said, and an iBasso D12, that combo would rule!

The "laptop hard drives for storage" and "Great battery lize." seems to be mutually exclusive, unless you carry a DAP of the sife of a netbook, but with smaller screen. that or carry a netbook with a high capacity cell battery, and still cant go over 16 hours battery life... and very heavy-

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #921 of 3,613
What i am asking from Fiio X3 no dreaming:
15 h+ battery life.
2.5 inch 320x240 color screen.
Rockbox in thr future???
SDXC card support.( don't need internal memory as long as SDXC is supported)
Price: £ 200.
Include all this and will be better then Hifiman 801 in everyway.

Apr 26, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #922 of 3,613
This and one more thing: no lag in the interface/response time. Lags really put me off and scream "low quality", even if it is actually a pretty decent source.

Quote:
What i am asking from Fiio X3 no dreaming:
15 h+ battery life.
2.5 inch 320x240 color screen.
Rockbox in thr future???
SDXC card support.( don't need internal memory as long as SDXC is supported)
Price: £ 200.
Include all this and will be better then Hifiman 801 in everyway.

Apr 26, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #923 of 3,613
The "laptop hard drives for storage" and "Great battery lize." seems to be mutually exclusive, unless you carry a DAP of the sife of a netbook, but with smaller screen. that or carry a netbook with a high capacity cell battery, and still cant go over 16 hours battery life... and very heavy-

I'm considering an Inspiron Duo purchase. Netbook that flips into a tablet (10.1", (1366x768)) with a nice sized hard drive (320gb) in it sounds pretty good to me. Fiddle with the Foobar2k interface to make it super touch friendly and you've got a formidable device there. I'd take it over an iPad anyday (and I've owned an iPad :D).

EDIT: Biggest problem would be battery life...But I'd be willing to sacrifice a little for features like that in my portable player.

Apr 26, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #924 of 3,613

Quote:
Quote:

I'm considering an Inspiron Duo purchase. Netbook that flips into a tablet (10.1", (1366x768)) with a nice sized hard drive (320gb) in it sounds pretty good to me. Fiddle with the Foobar2k interface to make it super touch friendly and you've got a formidable device there. I'd take it over an iPad anyday (and I've owned an iPad
biggrin.gif
).

EDIT: Biggest problem would be battery life...But I'd be willing to sacrifice a little for features like that in my portable player.

man that looks sweet, i had to google it. and as for the battery, i had an acer netbook bit a "extended battery" it was like 9 hours charge. pretty cool. the computer was kinda crappy tho.

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #927 of 3,613
James is already back a few days ago (posted in the forum too). FiiO is currently working on E11 project and probably need to put X3 on a slight hold till they can finish E11 on schedule. They usually like to tackle one project at a time, so don't expect something major before the E11 release.

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #929 of 3,613
Then you're in for a disappointment. It's gonna be near $200. $120 and they wouldn't profit from all the options this thing has. You're asking for a miracle. It's like an E7+DAP all in one. The E7 is $90+ alone. :rolleyes:

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #930 of 3,613

Quote:
Then you're in for a disappointment. It's gonna be near $200. $120 and they wouldn't profit from all the options this thing has. You're asking for a miracle. It's like an E7+DAP all in one. The E7 is $90+ alone.
rolleyes.gif

i didn't mention about it strictly $120. above $150 still fine for me, i just hope the price can be pushed down as low as possible

but with people in here commenting and bragging this DAP deserves $200++ price tag (which i think is REALLY unnecessary), i don't think the price will not even close to my expectation now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back