The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Mar 12, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #661 of 3,613

Quote:
my big question is how much difference in sound quality would one hear using this with the jh3a as a digital transport, vs.. say.. the Solo.    obviously no one has the answer yet.
The solo claims such a superior jitter clock and asynchronous usb which seems like it would be great, but i really wonder how much of an advantage it has over something like the x3's digital out, or something like an ipad with camera kit.

Either way, the X3 wins on price hands down.  I'm also not sure if the jitter/asynchronus theory debate has been settled yet but I'm glad I have my DACPort.

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #662 of 3,613

Quote:
This for real??? X3 has the same DAC capability as the E7 minus the USB? if this is true .. wow.. i hope the X3 comes out already

Yes, the same Wolfson WM8740 from E7 will be used on X3 as well, but the performance will be better than E7.

Mar 13, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #663 of 3,613
I'm in the market for a DAC and I was planning on buying the E7 and E9. Now, the X3 looks awesome and I want it, but will I be able to use it as a DAC for my computer (instead of buying an E7)?

Mar 13, 2011 at 5:34 AM Post #664 of 3,613

Quote:
I'm in the market for a DAC and I was planning on buying the E7 and E9. Now, the X3 looks awesome and I want it, but will I be able to use it as a DAC for my computer (instead of buying an E7)?

No, X3 is purely a mp3 player / DAP.

Mar 17, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #665 of 3,613
I'm sorry if this has already been suggested (don't have time to read through 45 pages atm) but here it goes:

FiiO: You don't need to support RockBox directly, it will impose a gigantic burden for you to somehow give support to a third party firmware. Just hand over the specifics of your ROM/SOC to the RockBox team (and maybe one/a few samples of the product), and I'm sure the community will take care of it in no time, this would be much more than any vendor has ever done anyway.

There. I believe this is the most realistic scenario for us to see RockBox supported in due time.

Mar 20, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #670 of 3,613

Quote:
So this is basically an E7 in DAP form that includes a bunch of cool features? Definitely seems interesting, have there been any estimates as to pricing?

not quiet, as you cannot use it as stand alone DAC, it is a DAP with better internal features than E7.
You can also use this as a source only with the E9, basically playing your songs on your DAP on the X3 and use the E9 functionality, therefore removing the need for a USB source

Mar 21, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #672 of 3,613

Quote:
When is this coming??

I'm in the market for a new DAP...VERY SOON. Should I wait? J3? Sflo 2?

I know what you mean.. if I lost my DAP, i'd probably not be able to wait for the X3.. I'd even borrow money from my brothers to get a new player soon.. But from what I hear, the sansa clip is pretty cheap.. why not get one of those while waiting for the X3? plus you'll be using memory cards as well so you'll be prepared for X3 already when it comes :D

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #673 of 3,613

Quote:
I know what you mean.. if I lost my DAP, i'd probably not be able to wait for the X3.. I'd even borrow money from my brothers to get a new player soon.. But from what I hear, the sansa clip is pretty cheap.. why not get one of those while waiting for the X3? plus you'll be using memory cards as well so you'll be prepared for X3 already when it comes :D

you know that is one of the things that got me waiting for the X3, i have 2 x 16 gb microSD which i carry with my clip+, and I plan to use them with the X3 as well. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #674 of 3,613
I think I'm going to go ahead and keep my look out for an Nano 4g or 5g to finish up my razor thin Portable rig.

Go something like this...

Nano 4/5g > Low Profile LOD (Maybe that new FiiO one) > Arrow 12 > IEMs (Which I haven't bought yet and have no idea what to buy :D)

And then have...

FiiO X3 > TMA-1 (For something a little simpler)

Maybe...

Quote:
you know that is one of the things that got me waiting for the X3, i have 2 x 16 gb microSD which i carry with my clip+, and I plan to use them with the X3 as well. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #675 of 3,613
please update....i'm so going to change my DAP...=)
what is the expected price??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back