The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Jun 18, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #1,367 of 3,613

Quote:
I guess not only FiiO but other brands can learn lots of demand from end user in this thread, I don't think we can develop a Dap which can satisfy everyone , but we will try. and since we have almost finish all the hardware design,

We will collect all the opinion and try to finish it in our next model.

Any, I have to thank again to everyone here. and I really appreciate all the suggestion and replies and the help from you. btw, we just finished a meeting about how to make X3 look better and will try to make some new samples

in July and take some photos of it to you guys. it means the engineer sample will be almost ready in July and we can wait the final firmware.

Thanks for listening.  

I have to say I'm very impressed by the look, design and quality aluminum build of the E9 I just picked up.  I just noticed the front and back plates of the E9 are basically the same size as the Arrow and J3.  Don't know if that would save costs or not for the X3 and help w/ the design.  You would just have to cut different holes or a place for the screen.

Jun 18, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #1,368 of 3,613
We need you Fiio.iRiver used to make maybe the best DAP long time ago, today they make only small flash players mostly for girl, but with X3, if you make it right you can become the No.1 for the best DAP with best SQ.
Give us some pics and some detailes about the final product asap please.

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #1,370 of 3,613
If only that was the real one. 
mad.gif

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #1,373 of 3,613
The reason why I said put better, real glass is because the renderings and the proto model looks like it has a big display.  Otherwise, I would just have a display similar to the E7(small but enough for me) and the front similar to the back of E7(luv me some anodized brushed metal)  Oh, can we have a plain uncolored aluminum with black buttons.  
L3000.gif
  I'm probably gonna order 2 if they have 2 different colors(one for me to use and another for back up).

Jun 21, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #1,374 of 3,613
Did you take the shipping covers off your new e7 when you got in then install the included screen protectors?  The e7 is shipped with a pre-installed screen protector that is prone to scratching because it doesn't matter - since your supposed to take it off.

Quote:

Not just a normal glass but gorilla glass.  My Epic 4g has it and to this day it doesn't have a single scratch.  My E7 however came pre-scratched when I got it(bought it new).  My ipod doesn't have any scratches either so I don't know why the E7 is prone to scratches.

Jun 21, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #1,376 of 3,613

Quote:
Did you take the shipping covers off your new e7 when you got in then install the included screen protectors?  The e7 is shipped with a pre-installed screen protector that is prone to scratching because it doesn't matter - since your supposed to take it off.

I tried my finger and a sharp knife but could not take the sheet off............lol I just took it off just now.  Ha ha, I struggled to find this protective sheet that people are talking about and was just fiddling with it today and the sheet somehow showed itself.

Jun 22, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #1,378 of 3,613
No fix release date so far. As mentioned before, best estimation is August. However, FiiO probably will release other amp or DAC before that.

Jun 22, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #1,379 of 3,613
i hv a little question here for feiao or anybody who know the reason....why big company like Sony , Samsung n cowon never reveal what type of DAC chip they use and the Opamp ??
im a sony user and im fascinated by the sony sound..and if im nt wrong feiao said that company like sony and cowon can make the best player, what makes feiao to say so???

Jun 22, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #1,380 of 3,613
Quote:
I really hope FiiO can be a good option when Apple, Sony, Sandisk and Cowon stop their MP3.  anyway, We know you guys need a decent DAP , not just iPhone or Smartphone. 

Amen to that. I love my DAPs and my phones are simply backup players, don't need Wifi, 3G or other 'ball-frying' tech when listening to my favorite tunes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for making this happen and big thumbs up for the plan of releasing other DAPs in the future.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back