The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Jun 18, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #1,351 of 3,613

Quote:
Either way I would use some zagg shield so it doesn't matter to me.  Glass cracks too.

Not just a normal glass but gorilla glass.  My Epic 4g has it and to this day it doesn't have a single scratch.  My E7 however came pre-scratched when I got it(bought it new).  My ipod doesn't have any scratches either so I don't know why the E7 is prone to scratches.

Jun 18, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #1,352 of 3,613

Quote:
i never saw the appeal of a screen that shows album art.  seems like a waste of money/resources to me. Who stares at their player while listening to music anyway? :wink:

i'd be happy with a screen like my clip+.   it gets the job done just fine, though it is hard to see in the sunlight.

I think having album art on a DAP is really nice.  Not for staring at while you're listening, but to help find albums/songs when you're scrolling through a gigantic list.

Jun 18, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #1,353 of 3,613
Gorilla glass is nice it also scratches as well.

Still it would be nice if they use it I doubt they will.

Jun 18, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #1,354 of 3,613

Quote:

Not just a normal glass but gorilla glass.  My Epic 4g has it and to this day it doesn't have a single scratch.  My E7 however came pre-scratched when I got it(bought it new).  My ipod doesn't have any scratches either so I don't know why the E7 is prone to scratches.

your epic retails for like 600$  i doubt theyre gonna use gorilla glass. not a big enough market to purchase it in enough bulk ot make it work it for them.  of course, i assume.

Jun 18, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #1,355 of 3,613
I asked about this earlier, he said that they'd need to be putting out hundreds of thousands of units a month for them to be able to do it - only big companies like Apple can really use those kinds of materials.

Jun 18, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #1,356 of 3,613
Fiio please we don't care that much about display.Give us a Sansa Clip+ Display  128 x 64 1 inch OLED, SDXC support, over 15 h battery life, and 24/192KHZ FLAC,OGG support, great SQ and your first original design and you will sell them all in less then a month.
We know that you working hard to make this a better DAP then Hifiman, so we all on your side..
We still have patience to way.
Levi( www.youtube.com/safug )

Jun 18, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #1,357 of 3,613
I don't really care for a super-duper display either. I want about 20hrs or better run-time, and great SQ. And yes, gapless would be icing on the cake. If it handles SDXC, micro OR full-size, that would be a home run!!!

Jun 18, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #1,360 of 3,613

Quote:
Fiio could you make this player lay golden eggs, do my washing up and read me a bedtime story every night?!

Kunlun's GF wants to know if you could include a vibrate function.

Jun 18, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #1,361 of 3,613
people please get this int your skulls...... they are waiting for there turn in manufacturing, most likely this means NO there aint gonna be major hardware changes.  I suggest you go start a new thread about what we you want in a portable player etc

Jun 18, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #1,362 of 3,613

Quote:
Kunlun's GF wants to know if you could include a vibrate function.

biggrin.gif

L3000.gif

As for the X3 I want it to have 3 slots for microSD, to for read and one for spawn a new card every month, by cloning and combining the features of the two cards.

Jun 18, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #1,364 of 3,613
I guess not only FiiO but other brands can learn lots of demand from end user in this thread, I don't think we can develop a Dap which can satisfy everyone , but we will try. and since we have almost finish all the hardware design,

We will collect all the opinion and try to finish it in our next model.

Any, I have to thank again to everyone here. and I really appreciate all the suggestion and replies and the help from you. btw, we just finished a meeting about how to make X3 look better and will try to make some new samples

in July and take some photos of it to you guys. it means the engineer sample will be almost ready in July and we can wait the final firmware.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back