The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Jun 16, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #1,322 of 3,613
If we get more pictures to speculate about I'm confident that we can make this the longest thread about an unreleased product in Head-Fi history. Let's hit 100 pages, people!

Jun 16, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #1,323 of 3,613
I have no doubt it will hit a 100 but will it hit 140............

Jun 16, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #1,324 of 3,613
Latest pics please :wink:

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #1,328 of 3,613

Quote:

Good thing is that from this thread , it shows that so many friend still interested in high quality DAP , it will encourage us to develop more DAP in the future.  maybe some smaller and maybe some better.  

Fiio.  If you can make an X3 the same or better that looks exactly like the Cowon J3, you won't be able to keep your shelves stocked.  Hint.

images

It's almost exactly the same size as the Arrow amp and w/ a LO and digital out you're talking the ultimate pocketable solution even w/ the amp attached.  Toss in next gen SDXC support too for 2TB.  Something to think about for a high end solution to develop.

Jun 16, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #1,331 of 3,613
Quote:
I'm agreeing with you there Anaxilus, especially if it featured a display with E Ink.

Quote:
E-ink on a dap?  Why?

Sou you can read it in daylight without a battery eating backlight that's bright enough to compete with the noonday sun.

I'd much prefer an old school monochrome LCD screen that can be on all the time without eating the battery but e ink is close enough.  Of course everyone's going to cry about not having any cover art if they actually do it.  Despite they fact that they manage to complain about it the internet most people seem to prefer UIs for the illiterate...

Jun 16, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #1,333 of 3,613
I'm guessing those are expensive.  I'd rather not have to pay extra because other people are to lazy to read but there's probably nothing I can do about that...

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #1,335 of 3,613
i never saw the appeal of a screen that shows album art.  seems like a waste of money/resources to me. Who stares at their player while listening to music anyway? :wink:

i'd be happy with a screen like my clip+.   it gets the job done just fine, though it is hard to see in the sunlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back