The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Aug 22, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #2,238 of 3,613
Quote:
There is not an USB slot on the bottom. That 's 'FiiO dock', the same universal connector FiiO used on their E7 and E17 to connect to E9 / E9K.

Thanks for clearing that up ClieOS. Quick question heading your way my friend, are there any plans for a review sample to be sent your way? I'd love to hear your impressions before this new DAP hits the market.

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #2,239 of 3,613
Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up ClieOS. Quick question heading your way my friend, are there any plans for a review sample to be sent your way? I'd love to hear your impressions before this new DAP hits the market.

Last I heard, reviewers will be getting one.

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #2,240 of 3,613
Is there any word that they would implement their own way of line-out?

The 3.5mm jack on the bottom is the line-out (headphone-out is on the top), I think. But that's picture of the original X3 and I don't know if they have changed the design or not (likely not). FiiO dock itself already has a line-out function built-in, if you use the L7 connector. The question, I think, is whether FiiO still offers a separated 3.5mm line-out as they have intended on the original X3. Most likely they will try to stick to the original external design, but that of course relies on whether the newly adapted SoC supplier can meet the requirement or not.

I don't think FiiO will cancel the line-out function, if that's on anyone's mind. The ideal of the original X3 is to provide a decent source on an affordable price, and allow those who want higher level of SQ to pair with portable amp of their own choice to max out the performance and turn it into a (near) top-end player, so to speak.

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #2,241 of 3,613
I just hope there's a microsd slot and there's choices for internal storage capacity.
atsmile.gif

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #2,242 of 3,613
Quote:
Quote:
Is there any word that they would implement their own way of line-out?

The 3.5mm jack on the bottom is the line-out (headphone-out is on the top), I think. But that's picture of the original X3 and I don't know if they have changed the design or not (likely not). FiiO dock itself already has a line-out function built-in, if you use the L7 connector. The question, I think, is whether FiiO still offers a separated 3.5mm line-out as they have intended on the original X3. Most likely they will try to stick to the original external design, but that of course relies on whether the newly adapted SoC supplier can meet the requirement or not.

I don't think FiiO will cancel the line-out function, if that's on anyone's mind. The ideal of the original X3 is to provide a decent source on an affordable price, and allow those who want higher level of SQ to pair with portable amp of their own choice to max out the performance and turn it into a (near) top-end player, so to speak.

So either way they will have a line-out function, just they didn't yet said which are they going to use. Thanks for the info, will keep a close eye (nay, I will keep both eyes on them) on their development then.

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #2,244 of 3,613
That actually looks pretty snazzy, nice solid clean look. At the bottom of the DAP I'm guessing that's the SD card slot and beside it looks like it could be a USB slot. I'm guessing the USB will be for charging. i wonder if this thing will allow USB out?

There is not an USB slot on the bottom. That 's 'FiiO dock', the same universal connector FiiO used on their E7 and E17 to connect to E9 / E9K.
Uh, don't you mean that's not an SD slot? The thing on the left is clearly USB, while the center is the Fiio dock

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #2,246 of 3,613
Anyway, hoping for some kind of SD slot. It's a deal breaker, especially given that it costs pennies to implement. No excuse these days, save for shameless money grabbing on overpriced internal flash memory.

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #2,248 of 3,613
Quote:
Anyway, hoping for some kind of SD slot. It's a deal breaker, especially given that it costs pennies to implement. No excuse these days, save for shameless money grabbing on overpriced internal flash memory.

Well and firmware and other "Support" for it. But yeah.

SD/SDHC/SDXC please. SDHC at the very least if you can't do SDXC 
biggrin.gif

But if SDXC is possible............ let me check on Amazon how much 128GB SDXC card costs :)

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #2,249 of 3,613
Quote:
Well and firmware and other "Support" for it. But yeah.

SD/SDHC/SDXC please. SDHC at the very least if you can't do SDXC 
biggrin.gif

But if SDXC is possible............ let me check on Amazon how much 128GB SDXC card costs :)

HERE you go sir.

If SDXC is possible I'll be forgetting about buying a new Classic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back