The discovery thread!
May 21, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #36,242 of 100,987
3940E13A-4E27-4BAA-965D-723ABEC6AECA.jpeg
Still burning these in...bass is not the deepest but not a factor for me, it still gave me goosebumps

May 21, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #36,243 of 100,987

Still burning these in...bass is not the deepest but not a factor for me, it still gave me goosebumps
Are you actually in South City? Lol

May 22, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #36,249 of 100,987
Something new

HTB1Cbf0sL9TBuNjy0Fcq6zeiFXae.jpg

HTB12N6nkBmWBuNkSndVq6AsApXa9.jpg

Specification:
TFZ QUEEN Dynamic Driver 2-pin 0.78mm Detachable HiFi Audiophile In-ear Earphones

Description

Upgrade dual magnetic circuit driver, extraordinary resolution

• Clearly structured, incisively and vividly details
  • Violent performance, N52 magnet, Double magnetic circuit two frequency division
  • Nano-graphene diaphragm, different from conventional single-dynamic
New generation of Nano-graphene diaphragm

• Brilliant, dynamic and vigorous presentation
  • Dual magnetic circuit two-frequency graphene driver features: exquisite and clear high-frequency details, relaxed and sweet vocal performance, deep low-frequency flexible processing, with strong potential to restore high-quality HIFI.
Professional review curve, three frequency evenly and structured

• The new 2.5-generation graphene unit not only provides excellent HD resolution, but also excels in the low and middle frequency bands. The density energy is full and solid, and the timbre is loose and mellow, making each song ambilight and beautiful.
Accurate ergonomic design

• Soft silicone material, ergonomic design
  • Wear soft and comfortable, enjoy music more freely
High-performance wire, bright sound

• The standard 0.78mm two-pin detachable cable, the newly developed 5N oxygen-free copper wire is doubled in number. The outer layer wrapped shield winding material, providing a more high-definition signal transmission and lower impedance.
Specification

• Driver: Dual magnetic circuit graphite dynamic & high strength magnet
  • Product material: CNC Aluminum Alloy & ABS & PC
  • Frequency response range: 5HZ ~ 40000HZ
  • Impedance: 30Ω
  • Sensitivity: 110dB±3dB
  • Connectors: 2-pin 0.78mm
  • Plug: 3.5mm gold-plated
  • Wire: PVC+5N oxygen-free copper
  • Cable length: 1.2M
Package

• TFZ Queen

They advertise ladies using these but hey I ain't afraid of dawning an earphone that says Queen on it! Lolz.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #36,250 of 100,987
Then there is this thing. Got me curious.
HTB1iM66quuSBuNjSsplq6ze8pXaz.jpg

New Zishan DSD AK4497EQ Professional Lossless Music MP3 HIFI Fever Portable Lossless Music Player AK4497EQ DSD Hard Solution

This thing is using AK4497EQ flagship dac chip and has balanced out as well. For $145-$159. Might be a killer bang for buck dap. Got some serious potential for a crazy good sounding player. Once I get back from my vacation might have to get one.

May 22, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #36,253 of 100,987
I don't have any but I will ask Jim if they can provide one.

That Zishan player heck if it sounds good I can put up with a basic UI. As far as I know that player is the cheapest dap I have seen using that dac chip. Same chips Cayin and Astell and Kern are using on their crazy expensive flagship daps.

May 22, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #36,254 of 100,987
Then there is this thing. Got me curious.
HTB1iM66quuSBuNjSsplq6ze8pXaz.jpg

New Zishan DSD AK4497EQ Professional Lossless Music MP3 HIFI Fever Portable Lossless Music Player AK4497EQ DSD Hard Solution

This thing is using AK4497EQ flagship dac chip and has balanced out as well. For $145-$159. Might be a killer bang for buck dap. Got some serious potential for a crazy good sounding player. Once I get back from my vacation might have to get one.

The only issue I have with this new model, is that the op-amp socket is between the two circuit boards - so you can only "op-amp roll" with standard DIP-8 packages, due to the tight spacing. A lot of the interesting op-amps are taller, or surface mount (and require being soldered to a DIP-8 header), which means they're thicker than a standard DIP-8 package.

May 22, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #36,255 of 100,987
I suppose the appeal of these DIY daps is their amp roll ability but for the price. I am still very intrigued. Considering Shanlings M0 while a gadget type dap and those will be worth getting for sure but sound wise I am betting on this player. Going from a mobile sabre dac to a flagship AK chip. That is a definitley a leap in chip level and for not that much more money than the M0 is my point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back