The discovery thread!
Dec 28, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #40,951 of 100,737
I purchased the Kanas Pro and they have burned in but the IT01s is still on a different level in overall sound.

Please describe how so. The best single dd I've yet to hear is Hifiman re2000 but I couldn't wear them comfortably. My current favorite dd is a toss up between Kanas pro and Xelento. While the z5000 is still used to satisfy my oneo in while basshead cravings.

Dec 28, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #40,952 of 100,737
@jamato8 oh, then you might not be the person I actually had in mind. i definitely apologize, if I misquoted or misrepresented you :) .

I think somebody compared the IT01s and the Kanas pro (and preferred the IT01s), but his Kanas pro were a loaner, not his own. I also seem to remember he mentioning the fact that the KP cost a bit less, but only had a 3.5mm stanard jack, unlike the IT01s. Thought that was you, but when I tried finding your original post, I did not find it - only the one I quoted, where you state that you clearly prefer the IT01s. So one being a loaner, the other his own, I thought there might possibly be some (even maybe unconscious) bias there.

But if you own both, that clearly can't be you - so, my bad

Dec 28, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #40,953 of 100,737
@jamato8 oh, then you might not be the person I actually had in mind. i definitely apologize, if I misquoted or misrepresented you :) .

I think somebody compared the IT01s and the Kanas pro (and preferred the IT01s), but his Kanas pro were a loaner, not his own. I also seem to remember he mentioning the fact that the KP cost a bit less, but only had a 3.5mm stanard jack, unlike the IT01s. Thought that was you, but when I tried finding your original post, I did not find it - only the one I quoted, where you state that you clearly prefer the IT01s. So one being a loaner, the other his own, I thought there might possibly be some (even maybe unconscious) bias there.

he got his own Kanas Pro after the demo he had

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #40,954 of 100,737

That was me but I went ahead and bought some because I wanted to get a pair and put some real time on them, since they are being touted as so good. They are not as refined sounding as the IT01s, a little more ragged sounding, have no where near the bass quality or treble smoothness. They just don't match up or complement IMO but I still let them run 24/7 hoping something will change, and if it does, I will be happy! The cable being 3.5 only, is a bad move as they do sound some better balanced and the accessories are bare minimum. Also I can hear a better defined acoustical space on the IT01s compared to the Kanas.

Dec 28, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #40,956 of 100,737
Different sounds/presentations all together. Big bold 3Dness is concerned. 12 all BA drivers in a housing will do that for you. One of the more engrossing sounds you will ever hear. IT01s is everything proper about a well tuned extremely refined single dynamic high end iem. It is a big step forward for Ibasso and I mean that due to a clear leap from the previous IT01 and not just by a little either.

Value in both iems are crazy but the IT01s takes it even further. Never in this hobby have I heard this level of sound for the money. Espeically after burn in. I have both with me at work today. Thouroughly enjoying both for what they are.

i feel exactly the same way with the HQ10 and the Kanas Pro

I already have the Moondrop Kanas Pro, which is similar, though probably a bit worse (according to Jamato). That's why I'm not in too much of hurry to get the IT01s, even after all the praise lavished :)

But I do have both in my cart, as I said :) - both look very interesting

I purchased the Kanas Pro and they have burned in but the IT01s is still on a different level in overall sound.

Not cool man! I recommend this hobby to nobody unless I don't like them!

So I have 12 hours before my MD DM6 is beyond cancellation and ALL these IEMs have been on my radar given the DM6 fiasco road show.

Now the decision, keep order with MD or jump off the hype train and check out the IT01S, Kanas Pro, HQ10 or A-HE03? Please, anyone, everyone, weigh in. I have the DMG so looking for something better, possibly but not necessarily more neutral.

Dec 28, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #40,958 of 100,737
Looks like NiceHCK Just got their version of the 12BA iem. FR12 they are called. Currently at $500. 2 pin version only.
HTB1FG82azzuK1Rjy0Fpq6yEpFXaS.jpg

Specification:
1. Product Name: NICEHCK FR12 12BA drive unit in ear customized earphone
2. Type: In-ear
3. Brand: NICEHCK
4. Model: FR12
5. Impedance: 27Ω
6. Earphone sensitivity: 114db/mW
7. Frequency range: 20-40000Hz
8. Cable plug : 3.5mm plug
9. Cable Length: 1.2m±5cm
10.Color: Green
11.Whether with mic: No
12.Earphone plug type: Line type
13.Earphone Interface Type: 2PIN connector
14.Drive unit: 12BA drive unit ( 12 Balanced Armature each side)
15.Whether with earphone upgrade cable: Yes

HTB1Smh3aynrK1RjSsziq6xptpXaQ.jpg

Can't say I am fan of this color scheme however.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #40,959 of 100,737
Oh by the way I had some guys ask me what matches my 12BA iems well with recent cables I went kinda hog wild on. I am currently using this one.

HTB135u_XozrK1RjSspmq6AOdFXa1.jpg

They go for $99 but can be bought for $69 on sale. Next sales date 03/29/2019. But at least you will know what goes well with all BA earphones.

Dec 28, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #40,960 of 100,737

So I have 12 hours before my MD DM6 is beyond cancellation and ALL these IEMs have been on my radar given the DM6 fiasco road show.

Now the decision, keep order with MD or jump off the hype train and check out the IT01S, Kanas Pro, HQ10 or A-HE03? Please, anyone, everyone, weigh in. I have the DMG so looking for something better, possibly but not necessarily more neutral.
TSMR3...

Dec 28, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #40,961 of 100,737

I have KP and Kylin. KP is definitely neutralish while Kylin is (very) warm and smooth.

Dec 28, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #40,962 of 100,737

I have the Kanas Pro, the DM6 and the Kylin A-HE03... out of those, I'd pick the Kanas Pro, then the Kylin, then the DM6. Given Jamato's opinion (and the other guys who have the IT01s, even without the others), I think that, in your shoes, I'd go IT01s directly :)

Dec 28, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #40,964 of 100,737
EBay has 15%off making the kanas pro 138 bucks. I was about to buy it now yall come in saying. It01s is better...uggh head fi you kill me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back