The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 19, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #29,147 of 35,363
Seeing that this is $550, and retail used to be $999, and now mostly $850, you are getting them for a lot less. Also about the time they do hit anywhere near $250 there are guaranteed to be better headphones at the time from either Hifiman or some other brand.

Possibly...that said, 'better' is in the ear of the listener! :wink:

Regarding newest/latest/greatest vs the junk-from-last-year-that-now-sounds-like-crap, it really just depends on your 'buying philosophy'.

Mine aligns with @harpo1 - let the market introduce 'new' headphones or 'upgraded' versions and I'll buy the previous releases (NIB) and save a boatload of cash that can be spent on other things (i.e. last year's golf clubs). It also makes it mentally easier to sell them down the road if I choose to.

For instance, thanks to posts on this thread, I just picked up the Amiron Home for $249 (instead of $599 @ introduction)...allowing me to get my Beyer fix when I feel like it. The Amiron 'replaced' my T1.1, DT990, & 770 which I also got great deals on at the time and had sold recently. Would be far less likely to 'impulse buy' the Amirons if I was taking a bath on the Beyers that I sold and had to pay retail (or close) for the Amirons.

Another example of this was my HD800 purchase; acquired them for $999 (orig retail $1399) well into their marketing life cycle. Although I like a lot about the Sennheiser sound, they ended up not being for me...even with a few different amps (including OTL). Would've been pretty unhappy if I paid retail. As it was, I ended up 'renting' them for a couple years for about $100!

PS - will probably give the HD800S a shot when they become 'affordable' :ksc75smile:

PPS - just picked up MEE P2's for $25...was $100 previously!
https://drop.com/buy/mee-audio-pinnacle-p2-iem/

based on reviews, it should be a solid inexpensive IEM for the $$
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/mee-audio-pinnacle-p2-high-fidelity-audiophile-in-ear.22701/reviews

Nov 19, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #29,153 of 35,363
Nov 19, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #29,156 of 35,363
Check your eBay messages, some people are receiving $15 off over $75 by app purchase.

Code: TRIPLETHRILL

Nov 19, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #29,158 of 35,363
Check your eBay messages, some people are receiving $15 off over $75 by app purchase.

Code: TRIPLETHRILL

Code no worky (for me anyways) :frowning2:

Oh well, after 11.11, I don’t really need to be doing anymore online spending

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #29,159 of 35,363

These codes are targeted to accounts. If it did not show up in an email directly to you or on the homepage of your ebay account, the code will not work.

Nov 19, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #29,160 of 35,363

Pssh... Buying headphones doesn't count as spending. Headphones are a utility, so it's like paying the electricity bill or getting groceries. Everybody knows that.

HiFiMan HE5se used in excellent condition through Adorama on Amazon for $204:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07K5C6CDK

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back