The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Aug 5, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #24,181 of 35,319
Based on the picture, and the fact it's listed as discontinued, it's probably the older version with the SMC screw-on connectors. That's annoying, but should not be a deal-breaker.

This headphone is awesome with a warm amp. It was fabulous with my Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Definitely a great deal at $350.

Aug 7, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #24,185 of 35,319
Well, it's not the TTVJ deal, but HiFi Heaven (authorized dealer) seems to have the HE-560 for 495. I think it's new. Free shipping.

Audio Advisor at 499 too

And B&H too!

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #24,187 of 35,319
Official Hifiman store on ebay also $499, so I guess that is the new regular price.

Aug 7, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #24,188 of 35,319
Aug 8, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #24,192 of 35,319
Aug 8, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #24,193 of 35,319
Myself and several from my office bought that big blue dac/amp. When it comes in I'll give my impressions I guess.

Well I got it in this past weekend along with my colleagues. I have to say it's a nice little portable dac/amp. I don't have another portable one to compare it to, but I do have an uber schiit stack and an FX-audio dac-x6 desktop solutions to compare to.

First off, it isn't as powerful as either of my desktop solutions. Volume just doesn't go as loud. The volume nob is also weird because there is no stop points. It spins until you reach max value and if you continue to spin in that direction nothing happens. It starts lowering the volume from where ever you start spinning the other way.

The size is about the size of a pack of cigs. Maybe a tad smaller. It's lightweight and easy to carry so fits the bill of being portable. It charges and takes digit input off the one and only USB port on the back. It will do spdif in/out and 3.5mm in and out as well. It is fairly attractive as well.

As far as sound, it is clear, crisp, great imaging, great soundstage, and warm. Has a bit of extra bass and mid/bass boost going on. So everything sounds lush and warmer than either my schiit stack of the dac-x6 setup which both are very neutral and similar sounding. This actually pairs very well with my more bass anemic cans like the SHP9500. Don't get me wrong, the SHP9500 sound great with my desktop setups, but it just seems slightly better to me with this one. That isn't the same for headphones which have better bass. It just gets overbearing in those cans.

Overall I'm impressed with the $25 shipped this was. Well worth the cost. I hadn't tried the battery life yet so I can't comment on it. The bluetooth sounds great for what it is. It's bluetooth.

Aug 8, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #24,194 of 35,319
Astell&Kern Beyerdynamic AK T1p Headphones $525 + free shipping

This is based on the Beyerdinamic T1p Second version, but instead of the 600ohm the AK is 32ohms. Really tempted by this one but I really want the Sennheiser 800s :disappointed_relieved:, should I pass... or maybe not? lol

https://www.adorama.com/akt1p.html?sdtid=10443632&emailprice=t&utm_medium=

I had a real hard time finding much about the T1p, so I'm going to post a link to the most substantive review:
https://www.innerfidelity.com/conte...earn-ak-t1p-headphones-and-ak380-music-player

I hope that helps. Doesn't seem to be much in the way of impressions on these cans.

Aug 8, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #24,195 of 35,319
I found the AK version of the T1p, as compared to my original T1p, a bit better...bassier in a clean way. This was being run by, and tuned to, an AK240 player, on I think (not sure) a balanced feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back