The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Aug 21, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #16,742 of 35,319

Presonus Eris E5 5-Inch HD Studio Monitor

Reduced to $125 each with additional $50 rebate net $75 each.

http://www.pssl.com/Presonus-Eris-E5-5-Inch-HD-Studio-Monitor

Eris E5 5-Inch 2-Way HD Active Studio Monitor (Each)

When it's time to replace those cheap "computer" speakers with serious 2-way professional studio monitors, you're ready for the Eris E5. With Kevlar low frequency transducers, low-mass silk-dome tweeters, responsive Class AB amplification, and professional acoustic-adjustment controls, the compact Eris E5 represents an outstanding value in its class. It includes RF shielding, current-output limiting, over-temperature protection, and subsonic protection, and unlike comparably priced studio monitors, it has controls for simulating different listening environments and flattening frequency response to enable accurate mixing.
Features:
  1. 5.25-inch Kevlar low-frequency transducer
  2. 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
  3. 80 watt, Class AB biamplification
  4. Front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
  5. Acoustic Tuning control for accurate mixing contour:
  6. Midrange (±6 dB, continuously variable)
  7. HF (±6 dB, continuously variable)
  8. High-Pass (Off, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)
  9. Acoustic Space settings (flat, -2, -4 dB)
  10. RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
  11. Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
  12. Balanced XLR/1/4-inch and unbalanced RCA inputs
  13. 102 dB maximum continuous SPL

Aug 21, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #16,743 of 35,319
  Koss Pro4AAA for $30 (coupon code KKITMZGH):  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JC7GEC/

From Store:  YourDealSource11

Got one- attention whoever grabs these- strong amp needed!!!

Aug 21, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #16,744 of 35,319
  I agree with your statements, posting a link to slickdeals isn't against the rules set up in the first post, and none of the forum rules as far as I can tell.  It benefits slickdeals a little bit, but also benefits the users of this site in most cases as those posts have more information about the deal.  Affiliated links that exist on other sites should be out of the realm of head-fi.

And Slickdeals etc. are providing a legitimate service so IMHO are entitled to any referral revenue.  i.e. They have tuned search engines to seek out deals, plus curating, which is a value added service. 

If you ever read through rationale of banning mass buys part of the logic was to prevent abuse of vendors by having someone pit multiple vendors against each other to point where they where taking loss on servicing mass buy just to "get in the door."  Same logic applies here, again IMHO, Slickdeals and others are paying for servers/bandwidth, employees etc. and if they find a deal that we would otherwise not have found then it's fair that they get their $0.05 click revenue (no idea what they actually get).

Side Note:  Head-Fi > Give us a DONATE button and I'm sure many of us would be more than happy to chip in a few $ for Server fees, beer & pizza for moderators,  wine & cheese for anyone making requested upgrades to forums
beerchug.gif

Aug 21, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #16,747 of 35,319
Side Note:  Head-Fi > Give us a DONATE button and I'm sure many of us would be more than happy to chip in a few $ for Server fees, beer & pizza for moderators,  wine & cheese for anyone making requested upgrades to forums
:beerchug:

I agree about the need for a DONATE button and posted that on the Feedback Forum. Go there and agree with me ( if you do).

Aug 21, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #16,750 of 35,319
DocJazz, too funny...Maryna is sitting next to me and asked "who is that Man". I said well Dear, that's my Pediatrician Friend from Jersey in his player jersey. She says she feels your Wife's pain:wink:.....

Aug 22, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #16,751 of 35,319
Aug 22, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #16,752 of 35,319

Users who are viewing this thread

Back