The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Aug 22, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #16,757 of 35,336
DocJazz, too funny...Maryna is sitting next to me and asked "who is that Man". I said well Dear, that's my Pediatrician Friend from Jersey in his player jersey. She says she feels your Wife's pain:wink:.....

Ahhh, I just point out guys who are worse (have 20,000+ LP's, collect vintage cars, etc), she realizes I'm not so bad, could DEFINITELY be worse...:)

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #16,758 of 35,336
  Buysonic currently has the Audeze LCD-2,3 and X at ~18-20% off. Will need to proceed to checkout though to see the price. Not the *best* deals I've seen but not bad.

Also noticed they have the HD800 for $1099 + $2 shipping. Not the best price, but a solid deal, I think. I tried scouring the product description for the actual condition of the item, but didn't see it. Does come with the standard 2-year manufacturer warranty, though. That's something to keep in mind, eh?

https://www.buysonic.com/products/sennheiser-hd-800/ 

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #16,759 of 35,336

Am really not liking their "check out to see price" daisy chain.

I'm almost (since I don't actually know what goes on with the site :p ) completely confident they have a variable price algorithm in place, that's the only real reason someone would do the whole 'checkout first and then see the price' thing.

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #16,760 of 35,336
  I'm almost (since I don't actually know what goes on with the site :p ) completely confident they have a variable price algorithm in place, that's the only real reason someone would do the whole 'checkout first and then see the price' thing.

They do it because it gets around rules for posting prices lower than MAP.  Lots of websites do that when the prices get too low.

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #16,761 of 35,336
  Also noticed they have the HD800 for $1099 + $2 shipping. Not the best price, but a solid deal, I think. I tried scouring the product description for the actual condition of the item, but didn't see it. Does come with the standard 2-year manufacturer warranty, though. That's something to keep in mind, eh?

https://www.buysonic.com/products/sennheiser-hd-800/ 

Buysonic is part of SonicElectronix. Your invoice will be from Sonic. You'll have two year warranty and it will be new, unless it says otherwise. 

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #16,762 of 35,336
Ahhh, I just point out guys who are worse (have 20,000+ LP's, collect vintage cars, etc), she realizes I'm not so bad, could DEFINITELY be worse...
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes. But they typically don't have a spouse to point these things out to!

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #16,763 of 35,336

They do it because it gets around rules for posting prices lower than MAP.  Lots of websites do that when the prices get too low.

I know the reason, but don't understand the number and complexity of hoops to get there.  Others do it in a much easier fashion.

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #16,764 of 35,336

Buysonic is part of SonicElectronix. Your invoice will be from Sonic. You'll have two year warranty and it will be new, unless it says otherwise. 

How many ACTUAL vendors are there? Noticed that my shipment from Beach Camera and Adorama had identical discount cards for next order save for different name ....

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #16,765 of 35,336

I know the reason, but don't understand the number and complexity of hoops to get there.  Others do it in a much easier fashion.

Ah gotcha, sorry.  Yeah, I tend to go by Hanlon's Razor with these sorts of things:  "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."  It's probably just ****ty programming.

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #16,766 of 35,336

Just would be nice to have it on the actual product listing eh? And I have bought from Buysonic several times, never had issues with my stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back