The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 25, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #15,497 of 35,319
*Inserts "YMMV"*

I think the HD700 is excellent. I have one and will be hanging onto it for a long time. Awesome texture, deep bass, great clarity throughout the entire spectrum. They are a relaxed sounding headphone, not as analytical as the HD800. I have heard the same thing you said from a couple people, but I just don't get it. I sold the T90 and kept the HD700, that's saying something.

It's these comments that make me want to give these 700s a spin. My T90s gave me tinnitus. :)

Jun 25, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #15,498 of 35,319
Jun 25, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #15,500 of 35,319
  If you're willing to shake the dice--and inspect your good upon arrival, AWD has "very good", by way of Amazon Prime shipping, Philips X2/27 Fidelio Premium Headphones for $201:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00O2Y2MZG/

Got my "Very Good" a few weeks ago. Pretty much brand new.

Jun 25, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #15,501 of 35,319

If you're willing to shake the dice--and inspect your good upon arrival, AWD has "very good", by way of Amazon Prime shipping, Philips X2/27 Fidelio Premium Headphones for $201:

Got my "Very Good" a few weeks ago. Pretty much brand new.

Or you could get something like this:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/692119/the-deals-discussion-thread-read-the-first-post/15360#post_11700036

Jun 25, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #15,504 of 35,319

Astell&Kern AK Jr Portable High Definition Music Player and DAC 64GB - Bundle With Westone W40 Quad Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating In-Earphones

$699.99 adorama

1. AK Jr Portable High Definition Music Player and DAC 64GB
  2. Westone W40 Quad Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating In-Earphones
http://www.adorama.com/AKAKJRB.html?emailprice=t&utm_term=wDkwAZRo4WaVVYL2E93jMwNbUkXxWZ1p3QFPQY0&utm_medium

Shamefully took from slickdeals.

Jun 26, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #15,505 of 35,319

So....I have ordered a pair of Like New X2s 2 weeks ago. I love them and everything but then realized how much I have spent on them, which is still a good price at 230 with tax.
But, my conscious told me I should return them and that I have my K7XX to enjoy but my heart was like "No, dont do it breh...I like these for you <3"

So it was a struggle and soon started the return process with Amazon. So the representative asked me " I can make a return label for you and may I know why you are returning them?"
I said "Well I like them but I have to return them due to them being a little big....(some other stuff I cant remember of what I had said lol)"

(I think I also mentioned about the price that it was a bit costly for me...something along those lines or that others were cheaper...)

Then he said "Well if you want, I can refund you 25% of the purchase or I can still refund you the exact amount of the purchase..."
And well, you can figure what was my answer lol

Dammit Amazon Customer Service...why you do this to me. Of course, YMMV.

Im sure this doesnt happen often and just got lucky? But now I have another headphone with me in which I think this is end game for me.........for now? That is if I dont get sucked into the $500 and above headphones...

Edit: And seriously, I wanted to return them due to me buying recently a water cooler (Corsair H100i) and about to purchase a Core i7 4790k or 5775-C (Broadwell) and needed that X2 money for it. But that customer service though....I guess I can hold off on the CPU for another 2 months lol

Edit 2: These headphones rock! I love them. They have fix the issues with the X1 sound signature but my only concern is that the headband is a bit big for me compared to the X1, which fit me well. I kind of wish they would make a removable headphone or at least and adjustable headband for the X2. It is still comfy for 2 hours but after that, my head does hurt a bit. Im sure I will get use to it since the X1 clamp also kind of bothered me and eventually got use to it. X1 and X2 weight about the same, so I kind of forgot that they are heavier than my K7XX but nothing serious as in omaigaa its super heavy...

Jun 26, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #15,507 of 35,319

So....I have ordered a pair of Like New X2s 2 weeks ago. I love them and everything but then realized how much I have spent on them, which is still a good price at 230 with tax.
But, my conscious told me I should return them and that I have my K7XX to enjoy but my heart was like "No, dont do it breh...I like these for you <3"

So it was a struggle and soon started the return process with Amazon. So the representative asked me " I can make a return label for you and may I know why you are returning them?"
I said "Well I like them but I have to return them due to them being a little big....(some other stuff I cant remember of what I had said lol)"

(I think I also mentioned about the price that it was a bit costly for me...something along those lines or that others were cheaper...)

Then he said "Well if you want, I can refund you 25% of the purchase or I can still refund you the exact amount of the purchase..."
And well, you can figure what was my answer lol

Dammit Amazon Customer Service...why you do this to me. Of course, YMMV.

Im sure this doesnt happen often and just got lucky? But now I have another headphone with me in which I think this is end game for me.........for now? That is if I dont get sucked into the $500 and above headphones...

Edit: And seriously, I wanted to return them due to me buying recently a water cooler (Corsair H100i) and about to purchase a Core i7 4790k or 5775-C (Broadwell) and needed that X2 money for it. But that customer service though....I guess I can hold off on the CPU for another 2 months lol

Edit 2: These headphones rock! I love them. They have fix the issues with the X1 sound signature but my only concern is that the headband is a bit big for me compared to the X1, which fit me well. I kind of wish they would make a removable headphone or at least and adjustable headband for the X2. It is still comfy for 2 hours but after that, my head does hurt a bit. Im sure I will get use to it since the X1 clamp also kind of bothered me and eventually got use to it. X1 and X2 weight about the same, so I kind of forgot that they are heavier than my K7XX but nothing serious as in omaigaa its super heavy...

You're a goner!!!!
Sound just like me 2 years ago.
I just bought the Hifiman HE 1k...
Better start saving...

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #15,508 of 35,319
Not sure how good these sound, but looks to be easy on the wallet on Newegg, no coupon required:

Roswill R Studio Bluetooth E-motion wireless sport earphone - $14.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875949305

Audio-Technica ATH-CHX7ISBK Hybrid Sonic Fuel, in black or red - $29.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1JX31C1271

Jun 26, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #15,510 of 35,319
^Nice price.  As a KS backer who waited over a year for delivery at the same price, it chaps the hide a little, and you get a hardcase. Regardless, they are great sounding iems for that price and that 5 year warranty is a boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back