The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 23, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #15,466 of 35,338

Does anyone ever see the Westone UM 50 Pro on sale or discount?   Trying to decide whether to wait for 4th of July sales or just pull the trigger.

Sonicelectronix has a name your own price option. Try 450. I got offered between 475-500 last week. W60 was at 700 that way.

Thanks.   Giving it a shot :)

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #15,470 of 35,338
Looking to pull the trigger on a pair of headphones, the SE535 on mass drop seems like a pretty good deal short of ordering from overseas, but Im honestly more interested in the w40. However, it doesn't seem to go on sale very often, at least not when I'm ready to pull the trigger haha. Has anyone had any experience on naming a price on a pair of w40s from sonicelectronix? lowest price you have gotten? Thanks

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #15,471 of 35,338
  Looking to pull the trigger on a pair of headphones, the SE535 on mass drop seems like a pretty good deal short of ordering from overseas, but Im honestly more interested in the w40. However, it doesn't seem to go on sale very often, at least not when I'm ready to pull the trigger haha. Has anyone had any experience on naming a price on a pair of w40s from sonicelectronix? lowest price you have gotten? Thanks

The W40 will probably have more bass than the SE535. The SE535 has a nice sound but I was very disappointed in the bass (and I'm not assuming you're a basshead). 

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #15,472 of 35,338
  Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla 600 Ohm New  for $670 shipped eBay Daily Deal through Focus Camera

Looks like a good price.

Awesome deal!  I'd like to buy.  It doesn't look like Focus Camera is an authorized reseller of Beyerdynamic.  Does this not matter as much as it does for Sennheiser?  I've bought from Focus Camera before, just curious.  

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #15,474 of 35,338

Buysonic has the price on the W40 has $370. I don't think SonicElectronix (which BuySonic is part of) will go lower. Personally, the W40 has too much bass for my taste; I like the W4R more. I think the SE535 does bass really well.

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #15,475 of 35,338

Buysonic has the price on the W40 has $370. I don't think SonicElectronix (which BuySonic is part of) will go lower. Personally, the W40 has too much bass for my taste; I like the W4R more. I think the SE535 does bass really well.

Wow, never even knew buysonic existed, which really embarrasses me :p as I try to stay up to date on deals. Explains why it never came up when looking for the w40.  Any leads on the W4R? I definitely searched for them as I was interested in buying them over the w40 but couldn't find any, at least for a reasonable price. I've read mostly that the SE535 does handle bass well, but is really mid forward and fairly bulky and unwieldy compared to the w40, or w4r. 

Jun 24, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #15,476 of 35,338

sonicelectronix typically does not match buysonic deal pricing (which can be lower at times). if the item has shown up previously in the buysonic catalog, I personally always just wait for it to come back. may take a while, but I just love getting the extra discount too much hahaha.

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #15,477 of 35,338
You really can't find Westone Wx/UMx at sale prices at these days as they're discontinued and a bit rare. With the exception of the UM3X RC, which seemingly got a 2015 re-release on select retailers. Though I'm not sure exactly if they made tweaks inside or merely a limited last run of UM3Xs.

Were there actual difference between the old Wx and the new Wx0 lineup? I've always thought they were just a shell + MMCX update but still uses the same driver(s).

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #15,478 of 35,338
Jun 24, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #15,479 of 35,338
Listening to my Meelectronics Matrix 2 via BT and I'm really liking it. Gotta say that for what it is, there's quite a bit of value in the sound dept for $89.99. (Cheaper on awd around $65)

I think a lot made its way back because people didn't give it enoughh time. 72hrs really changed the sound from extremely hot treble to balanced. So let them "cook" if you just got em.

Jun 24, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #15,480 of 35,338
Listening to my Meelectronics Matrix 2 via BT and I'm really liking it. Gotta say that for what it is, there's quite a bit of value in the sound dept for $89.99. (Cheaper on awd around $65)

I think a lot made its way back because people didn't give it enoughh time. 72hrs really changed the sound from extremely hot treble to balanced. So let them "cook" if you just got em.

I'm glad to see someone else enjoying these.  Value for money, I think they're great.  A fun sound signature for sure and feature full.

What blew me away was how long I used mine before I need to recharge them.  Try to let them go to red light before you recharge and see if you aren't surprised how much time elapses.  Crazy good batteries and/or efficiency of the systems.

HS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back