The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 23, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #8,686 of 35,319
^^ title says Deals DISCUSSION THREAD.

As for that now mentionable unmentionable site's turn-around time I thought that's how they made money...hanging onto your $$ and probably getting a 30-60 day term with the manufacturer. Which means they have your money for a period while order is made after a particular deal goes through, shipment comes in, etc. Meanwhile they have 30-60 days to pay the manufacturer.. That's my guess in group buys

That works great for banks who trade in massive amounts of money.  For the amount of money they're pulling in on these drops, the 2-4% annual interest rate (which translates to a fraction of a percent per month) they'd get wouldn't pay a single salary.

No, they make their money like any other retail store:  they pay less than they charge you.

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #8,687 of 35,319
I'll try this one more time. This needs to be the deal LISTING thread. No,discussions, no answers and no quotes or ongoing dialogue.
Just a listing of the item, the price, the location (website, store, etc.), any pertinent info (Flash Sale, limited quantities, new or refurbed, number of days available etc.). I know this will work and be a real valuable to members if set up right. This is NOT what the deal thread is now despite some people's opinions. Each person who lists items would be responsible for removing them when they are gone (sold out, price change, deal expired, etc.)  There would be zero work for the moderators part as the members would be responsible for the content, inclusion and removal. At bare minimum, a test needs t be run on this idea. It isn't just because it is my idea. It is a good one that will work.      

It's a noble and efficient idea, but you probably haven't been around here long enough to see that it doesn't work. All those threads that were strictly deals postings have been closed.

Why? People like to share, discuss, and learn. If a seemingly good deal is posted, how does someone know that it's what they want and need? By asking questions and discussing. Which, if you think about it, is more efficient than cross checking and asking on some other thread, where the folks don't know the context or urgency of the query. That makes for a frustrating and drawn out investigation, by which time the deal may have ended or fully sold out.

Discussing and sharing are human nature. When the rules are so restrictive as to stamp out discussion, all of the sudden all of the moderators' efforts and energy are focused on handling complaints about rule breakers. It's a huge burden for them to beat down all the discussion and keep everyone in line because people are social by nature and desire to share and learn about something, and get reassurance they are making the right move, before they drop money on it.

So this thread, which was actually set up specifically as a thread that ALLOWS for open discussion, still survives and is going strong. The other deals only thread, which existed at the time this one was started, is long gone as people found it too difficult to NOT ask questions about something they were interested in and wanted to know more about. Whenever an otherwise relevant question would come up, a bunch of people would notify the moderator, who would need to respond. That's a lot of wasted time and energy for the mods, so those types of thread invariably end up dead.

So enjoy this thread for what it is. You will still find out about good deals and get your questions answered if you have some.

The discussion may even lead you to something even better suited to your needs, something you might not have even considered had someone not alerted you to it through the discussion.

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #8,688 of 35,319
For those who don't want discussion in here, just skim through the posts until you see someone posting links, that way you don't have to worry about it.

I'd guess that means the later production 65th anniversary, since the early productions sounded quite different. If that's the case they're pretty much K712, which means they're a great price @ $200. I found the K712 to sound very similar to the HD600's tonality, but be more technically proficient. 

My only real issue with the K/Q 700 series is that I couldn't help but notice that some detail is lost, it's just gone. I like the tonal balance, large soundstage, their fit and finish, pretty much everything about them, but they aren't the most detailed cans in their range, and that's where the HD600s trump them. It's one of those things a person won't notice unless they A>B them with other cans, and some may not care anyway, but it is something that bugged me. YMMV.

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #8,689 of 35,319

It's a noble and efficient idea, but you probably haven't been around here long enough to see that it doesn't work. All those threads that were strictly deals postings have been closed.

Why? People like to share, discuss, and learn. If a seemingly good deal is posted, how does someone know that it's what they want and need? By asking questions and discussing. Which, if you think about it, is more efficient than cross checking and asking on some other thread, where the folks don't know the context or urgency of the query. That makes for a frustrating and drawn out investigation, by which time the deal may have ended or fully sold out.

Discussing and sharing are human nature. When the rules are so restrictive as to stamp out discussion, all of the sudden all of the moderators' efforts and energy are focused on handling complaints about rule breakers. It's a huge burden for them to beat down all the discussion and keep everyone in line because people are social by nature and desire to share and learn about something before they drop money on it.

So this thread, which was actually set up specifically as a thread that ALLOWS for open discussion, still survives and is going strong. The other deals only thread, which existed at the time this one was started, is long gone as people found it too difficult to NOT ask questions about something they were interested in and wanted to know more about. Whenever an otherwise relevant question would come up, a bunch of people would notify the moderator, who would need to respond. That's a lot of wasted time and energy for the mods, so those types of thread invariably end up dead.

So enjoy this thread for what it is. You will still find out about good deals and get your questions answered if you have some.

The discussion may even lead you to something even better suited to your needs, something you might not have even considered had someone not alerted you to it through the discussion.

I agree. Historical precedent has precipitated this thread's raison d'être.

When I'm interested in quickly scanning for deals, I just use my browser to search newly added pages for the string "http" - simple and fast.

Mike

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #8,691 of 35,319
have we tried putting a tag in for deals we post? like, HEADFIFOREVER+10000000000000000

so that dabtpa can search for it and get what he wants
if someone doesnt add the tag to their post, someone else who takes part in the threads can reply and add the code, to show up in the search

Or something. whatever.

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #8,692 of 35,319
  have we tried putting a tag in for deals we post? like, HEADFIFOREVER+10000000000000000

so that dabtpa can search for it and get what he wants
if someone doesnt add the tag to their post, someone else who takes part in the threads can reply and add the code, to show up in the search

Or something. whatever.

Tried and lasted for 1 page~

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #8,693 of 35,319
I understand...didn't like them until I heard them through a good amp, they are the definition of scaling up!

I'm hoping that they sound good with the Magni I ordered with them.I couldn't afford to give a lot more for an amp after paying that much for the Senn's.

haven't heard the Magni, but from what I hear, it should work fine. I use Ray Samuels HR-2, and Geek Out 1k or SE, make really nice music through the Senns.

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #8,694 of 35,319

Discussing and sharing are human nature. When the rules are so restrictive as to stamp out discussion, all of the sudden all of the moderators' efforts and energy are focused on handling complaints about rule breakers. It's a huge burden for them to beat down all the discussion and keep everyone in line because people are social by nature and desire to share and learn about something, and get reassurance they are making the right move, before they drop money on it.

Very well said statement,I don't have to comment now,lol.

Nov 23, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #8,696 of 35,319
Upcoming Amazon Gold Box Deal:  Bowers & Wilkins P3 (Refurb).

Also upcoming, Sennheiser Momentum (on ear), but I figure everyone has had plenty of chances on Senns over the last few days.

EDIT:  whoops, sujitsky beat me to it.

Nov 23, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #8,697 of 35,319
  Upcoming Amazon Gold Box Deal:  Bowers & Wilkins P3 (Refurb).

Also upcoming, Sennheiser Momentum (on ear), but I figure everyone has had plenty of chances on Senns over the last few days.

copycat!!!!! 
deadhorse.gif

Nov 23, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #8,699 of 35,319
  so sorry to do this:

ANOTHER SENNHEISER DEAL

Amazon flash sale starting 6:50 pm tomorrow (ET) for Momentum On-Ear

Also, B&W P3 recertified at the same time.

It has Prime Early Access Deal .......... You get access to this deal 30 minutes earlier with Amazon Prime. If you don't have Prime account then forget this deal....it will be gone in 30 mins.

Nov 23, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #8,700 of 35,319
I've heard so many bad things about the Momentum On-Ears I don't know if I'll ever get them unless the price drops to something ridiculous like $50.

If the Momentum dropped to say $69, would you rather get the Momentum or a pair of UE 6000?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back