The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 23, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #8,656 of 35,336
Before anyone jumps to conclusions about what I'm about to post, follow the link and read. Admins allowed the thread and even Jude is going to do a review , so I think this is fair game.

Now with the qualifications out of the way. This, IMO, is going to be one of the best deals in Hi-Fi this year.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/743280/new-release-the-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-an-exclusive-from-massdrop-and-akg

Again, don't PM me or comment about removing the link without visiting first.

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #8,657 of 35,336
Before anyone jumps to conclusions about what I'm about to post, follow the link and read. Admins allowed the thread and even Jude is going to do a review , so I think this is fair game.

Now with the qualifications out of the way. This, IMO, is going to be one of the best deals in Hi-Fi this year.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/743280/new-release-the-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-an-exclusive-from-massdrop-and-akg

Look cool. Frankly, I'm not into full sized headphones, but this has my interest. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #8,658 of 35,336
Oh boy, that K7xx has been talked about for a few months already I think but there really isnt any info. I wonder if that additonal 3db  is for the lack of low end the k7 series much needed....or could it be compared to the mod that alot of peeps have done to their AKGs?

Hmmm...interesting

actually...that 3db for better lows, was it the 65th that got that treatment? or the k712?

Seems like they are taking or trying to take the best out of Q/K 700's line.

Im still new with some of this stuff and graphs and even less with AKG products, since I never owned one...yet.

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #8,659 of 35,336

I suspect that we'll all be happier not having to worry about "that issue"--even if only on a one off basis.

Now that it is past midnight for most of the country, I can say that it is scheduled to be released for purchase sometime this week.

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #8,661 of 35,336

I like massdrop but the shipping times are sometimes atrocious taking over a month after it ends just to ship.

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #8,662 of 35,336

I like massdrop but the shipping times are sometimes atrocious taking over a month after it ends just to ship.

They say:

"This drop will reach American addresses by Christmas. While our logistics team will try their best to do the same for international orders, we cannot guarantee that they arrive by December 25."

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #8,663 of 35,336

Given the nature of this venture, I suspect things will work differently.  Their normal method involves placing a purchase order in after the drop closes, waiting for things to ship to their warehouse and then reshipping immediately.  If they don't have to wait to place the order because it's not a group buy, they should be able to ship relatively quickly.  They might even be able to have AKG drop ship them, who knows.

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #8,665 of 35,336

I agree, but there is something new to consider for this particular drop. The first run has likely already been manufactured based on the information given about a three run production. The hope being that they'll already have the stock on hand by the end of the drop. Normally orders are sent when the drop ends and overseas shipping time is what causes the delay. It's my hope that it won't be the case, but you never know.

Even if they do have the stock on hand, shipping 2000 units for a company their size will take some time, but again, I imagine they have made preparations for this considering the collaboration that went into the drop and the holiday timing.

Even waiting a month for this drop seems well worth the price vs performance ratio. $200 shipped to the usa for a reworked Annie? Pretty great when you consider when the Annie and K712 sold for originally and even what they sell for used right now.

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #8,666 of 35,336
I agree, but there is something new to consider for this particular drop. The first run has likely already been manufactured based on the information given about a three run production. The hope being that they'll already have the stock on hand by the end of the drop. Normally orders are sent when the drop ends and overseas shipping time is what causes the delay. It's my hope that it won't be the case, but you never know.

Even if they do have the stock on hand, shipping 2000 units for a company their size will take some time, but again, I imagine they have made preparations for this considering the collaboration that went into the drop and the holiday timing.

Even waiting a month for this drop seems well worth the price vs performance ratio. $200 shipped to the usa for a reworked Annie? Pretty great when you consider when the Annie and K712 sold for originally and even what they sell for used right now.

Has it been confirmed as a reworked annie? Couldn't it just be a rebadged k701 or q701? Or do all these model essentially share the same drivers? The reason I ask is because I have seen the q701 at around 110-120 used.

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #8,667 of 35,336
Has it been confirmed as a reworked annie? Couldn't it just be a rebadged k701 or q701? Or do all these model essentially share the same drivers? The reason I ask is because I have seen the q701 at around 110-120 used.

Quoted from Project's post , "I'm told it's based on the 65th Anniversary model which is one that I skipped..."

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #8,670 of 35,336

Quoted from Project's post , "I'm told it's based on the 65th Anniversary model which is one that I skipped..."

I'd guess that means the later production 65th anniversary, since the early productions sounded quite different. If that's the case they're pretty much K712, which means they're a great price @ $200. I found the K712 to sound very similar to the HD600's tonality, but be more technically proficient. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back