The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 23, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #8,716 of 35,336
http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=239

Looks like Hifiman has a new hybrid amp, those EF5 should be dropping close to 300ish possibly on BF. It's a direct replacement of it.

That thing is ugly.  I'm sure it'll be a huge hit.  :p

I'll be interested to see if that EF5 gets cheap...

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #8,718 of 35,336
http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=239

HIFIMAN-EF100-product-overview.jpg

Looks like Hifiman has a new hybrid amp, those EF5 should be dropping close to 300ish possibly on BF. It's a direct replacement of it.

Looks like an old typewriter made to look futuristic and missing the keys.

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #8,719 of 35,336
When was the last time Hifiman released a product that wasn't hideous? lol Aesthetically, that amp looks like it was released 20 years ago. 

I actually really really like the way my he4 looks and feels. Much more so than the New line looks, havnt seen them in person but from pictures I much prefer my style to the new style.

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #8,720 of 35,336
Ugh that thing offends the eyes it looks like someone found random things at ikea like this pencil basket and put them together, with something you would find in an 80's house of the future. But then again Hifi Man doesn't make anything remotely fashionable or in good taste.

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #8,722 of 35,336
I actually really really like the way my he4 looks and feels. Much more so than the New line looks, havnt seen them in person but from pictures I much prefer my style to the new style.

I suppose the HE4 does look relatively attractive. 

Ugh that thing offends the eyes it looks like someone found random things at ikea like this pencil basket and put them together. With something you would find in an 80's house of the future. But then again Hifi Man doesn't make anything remotely fashionable or in good taste.

Hit the nail on the head there. It really does look like it was made from spare parts, like they purchased a factory and found a bunch of disassembled cases for humidifiers from the 90s and decided to build an amp out of them. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #8,723 of 35,336
I building it out of spare parts keeps the price down, I'm all for it.  It works well for Nintendo...

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #8,726 of 35,336
I dunno, to me it's pretty ugly.  But I suspect it's the kind of ugly that is going to grow on me and then in 5 years I'll wonder why I ever thought it was ugly.  You know, like certain new cars that come out.  Or my HE-4.

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #8,729 of 35,336
  lol it's an amplifier guys. are you all seriously buying amplifiers based on looks?? who cares how it looks.

Well, I would care if I'm in the market for one. I will be looking at it after all. I mean, its not even like its inconspicuously unattractive, it's so ugly that it stands out. lol Besides, many products became iconic not just for their functionality but their aesthetics as well, so that alone should tell you how important it is to appear presentable. Dress for the job you want, not the job you have. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back