The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 8, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #11,401 of 35,333

Woah. That sounds much worse than my friend who lives in Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo. It happens maybe 1 out of 10 times but nothing like that. It could be something particular to the state of Rio de Janeiro. By the way, a shout out to a Brazilian Head-fi'er! Are there any meet-ups or events in Brazil, for Head-Fi or just Hi-Fi related? I've considering interning there for a computer company once I graduate because I miss my friends and I just the Brazilian culture as a whole and there being audio-related events there would be a plus.

I bought with pride the rare Samba edition of the Sennheiser On-Ear Momentums for Braz(s)il, hoping for the country's success in the recent World Cup and remembering my summer growing up in Santos, the home town of soccer star Pele, at the time when he was still there!

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #11,403 of 35,333
Jan 9, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #11,408 of 35,333
http://steelseries.com/us/products/deals

Got this from a member at overclock

But the SteelSeries Flux in ear are 10 bucks. A head-fi member reviewed them and seem to be pretty good.

They also have the audio mixer for those that do not like VSS and prefer stereo only and controls chat audio and game audio, dont know how good this is but YMMV.

And also, they have their mouse pads as well on sale, which IMO are pretty good for the price. I have their QcK+ mouse pad and works perfect with my logitech G500s

Thanks for sharing this deal. So glad I bought these. Amazing deal at $10. I bought three to get free shipping. It'll be nice to have two backups anyway. $30 for three of these is a steal. The deal is still going in case anyone wants to buy these.

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #11,409 of 35,333

Thanks for sharing this deal. So glad I bought these. Amazing deal at $10. I bought three to get free shipping. It'll be nice to have two backups anyway. $30 for three of these is a steal. The deal is still going in case anyone wants to buy these.

Glad you took advantage of that deal...im thinking of purchasing 3 more lol

the only thing I kind of dont like is the ear tips. I have tried all sizes and the right one, seems to slowly pull out lol

anyone recommend a good type of ear tips? comply foam tips or anything that can stay well within the ears.

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #11,410 of 35,333
What does nothing to sneeze at mean senpai

I don't know of anyone who likes sneezing on their headphones, even a cheap, beater pair. It's like the part in the Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, where the troll blows his nose on Bilbo. Nasty, sick, disgusting, yuck! So, that's what I meant by nothing to sneeze at! *half joking, half not* :D

(Seriously, if you really don't know, it means something that is really worthwhile and shouldn't be ignored. If I were a Sesame Street monster, I would be the Idiom Monster. :D )

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #11,411 of 35,333

the only thing I kind of dont like is the ear tips. I have tried all sizes and the right one, seems to slowly pull out lol

anyone recommend a good type of ear tips? comply foam tips or anything that can stay well within the ears.

I use those fake Sony hybrids that I bought years ago on eBay from lostearbuds. Unfortunately, it looks like they don't sell them anymore. At least that was the case when I checked a few months back.

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #11,412 of 35,333

I use VSonic's hybrid tip (green- did you know these glow in the dark?) that came with the GR07BE purchase.
Got the Flux when they first dropped the price to $25 two years ago. Bought 3 more from the current sale for gifts. Original pair still going strong. I highly recommend if you like a pretty balanced sound with good bass rumble.

Correction: the sound is warm and smooth.

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #11,413 of 35,333

They sound pretty good, they were like I expected from the reviews and were rather v-shaped. SQ seems to be on par with KZ IEMs imo.

Mids were tad recessed for my liking and I got rather a bunch of IEMs lying so the flux probably aren't going to get much listening from me. I personally liked their tips and thought they sealed pretty well. Could try some sony hybrid tips which aren't too hard to find.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back