The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 7, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #11,373 of 35,333

Sadly yes....however promoting small business does wonders to economy.

Then you're on the wrong thread....

biggrin.gif

HS

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #11,374 of 35,333

Massdrop has been conveniently reclassified as a "headphone distributor" now. Even tho you still need to buy said product in a mass quantity.....  

I knew it kind of was inevitable given the cash potential they had at play here.

No, that is not how it happened. The concerns were very real. People receiving products without serial numbers really did happen. Massdrop cleaned up their act and started working with the manufacturers to sell products. So they re-classified themselves through their own actions.

what's the problem with group buy sites?

"group sites promoted on forms like this, will created unfair competition for regular retailer", this is how I read earlier in this thread.

Then you read wrong. Instead of feeding BS conspiracy theories, how about understand that we go out of our way to ensure the community is supported by, and supports good people. 
smile.gif

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #11,376 of 35,333
All I know is I don't want what I bought from mass drop but I can't return it. Next time it's preowned from a good seller.

You can return pre-owned items from a good seller?  /s

The advantage of getting from Massdrop, assuming you actually get a good deal, is that it should be cheap enough to resell for very little loss.

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #11,377 of 35,333
Not really a deal but had to show what some people do with their listings on amazon....

Fiio E17 for only

$9,999.00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0070UFMOW/

Is there something special about this one? lol
I honestly wasnt looking to buy this but for some reason I clicked on it and saw the used price....

So, I asked an Amazon seller once why they did this when I saw them have a huuuuge price spike like this. They replied that they don't actually have inventory right now, so they edited the price above what anybody would pay, temporarily, so that they wouldn't have to delete their product listing and start from scratch once they had stock. I continue to see this tactic every once in a while.

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #11,378 of 35,333
So, I asked an Amazon seller once why they did this when I saw them have a huuuuge price spike like this. They replied that they don't actually have inventory right now, so they edited the price above what anybody would pay, temporarily, so that they wouldn't have to delete their product listing and start from scratch once they had stock. I continue to see this tactic every once in a while.

I was going to post something similar. I see this tactic used on ebay as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Philips-Lightweight-CUSHIONED-Pink-Comfortable-Adjustable-SWIVEL-HEADPHONEs-/160920220186?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item257797b21a

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #11,381 of 35,333

In other words, these sellers don't know how to use the database competently and it makes me really question how well they can manage their business as a whole. The Amazon Seller interface allows for users to keep out of stock products in their database without deleting them and without having to publicly post them. For example, I recall selling a pair of Shure SRH840s back in 2012 or so. It was obviously out of stock so it was not posted for sale but the listing remained in my seller database up until early 2014 when I finally removed it. 

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #11,382 of 35,333
Possibly. But also possible, there might be a delay in updating the page if/when the item comes back into stock. I'm not saying there aren't better ways or that's how "I'd" do it, but I'm also not a seller/reseller and I know there's things I don't know.

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #11,385 of 35,333

No, that is not how it happened. The concerns were very real. People receiving products without serial numbers really did happen. Massdrop cleaned up their act and started working with the manufacturers to sell products. So they re-classified themselves through their own actions.

Then you read wrong. Instead of feeding BS conspiracy theories, how about understand that we go out of our way to ensure the community is supported by, and supports good people. 
smile.gif

Wow, that's an eyeopener! I know that Massdrop has since mended their ways, but I have never purchased from them yet and I may never knowing what I do now. Removing serial numbers? Grey/black market piracy, IMO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back