The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 28, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #9,348 of 35,332
Akg k812 price drop on Amazon.
$1199 now. Is this a good price?

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #9,351 of 35,332
Akg k812 price drop on Amazon.
$1199 now. Is this a good price?

Massdrop had them at their lowest price for $1199 before so in terms of compared to full price I would say yes. In terms of SQ.... not to me. You're better off with an HD800 or HE560.

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #9,352 of 35,332
  on sonicelectronix.com you can make an offer on HD 800s, for $850 and they will respond back immediately with $978. No one knows about this as far as I know and can save $21 from BuySonic's deal.

How do you make an offer?

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #9,353 of 35,332

really like the sound of these, fit if iffy, but I did manage with Ultimate Ears tips.

As far as the Hifimam HE-400, isn't it supposed to be bettered by the 400i? At least that's what every review I've read says. There is a significant price difference at the Moon Audio price, though, but, for me, I'll probably just feel like I got the lesser model and feel like I need to upgrade.

In for the pfe232 on earphonesolutions!

Hasn't been mentioned much, but I always liked my 132's, and these have been on the radar as well. But hey, can I buy the X1, Momentum, IE800, expensive vacuum tubes, Momentum over ears, UERM's, and who knows what else and live (literally and financially) to tell the tale? Not to mention the $1000 HD800, and whatever price the Audeze LCD-2 wind up selling for (as it is posted west coast time, likely be offered after I'm asleep and sold out before I wake, so maybe I'm off the hook on this one...)
WOW!!!!!!!!

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #9,355 of 35,332
Nov 28, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #9,356 of 35,332
Hasn't been mentioned much, but I always liked my 132's, and these have been on the radar as well. But hey, can I buy the X1, Momentum, IE800, expensive vacuum tubes, Momentum over ears, UERM's, and who knows what else and live (literally and financially) to tell the tale? Not to mention the $1000 HD800, and whatever price the Audeze LCD-2 wind up selling for (as it is posted west coast time, likely be offered after I'm asleep and sold out before I wake, so maybe I'm off the hook on this one...)
WOW!!!!!!!!

My first Audeo. Really in for the fit and the changeable filters. Plus if I'm not wrong they're discontinued now? Won't have a chance for much longer :)

After having the HD800 in my cart and sleeping on it (and seeing the deal expire), I decided to just try my HE6 again and my upgraditis for a home setup has been cured for now (the HE6 is awesome, and it's ability to be run out of even cheap speaker amps and sound amazing is great!). Also not into Acrylic customs, so UERM is out.

The two other deals beckoning to me now is the Heir 10a (30% off their new flagship) and ACS T1 40% off. Will probably get a new set of Sensaphonic sleeves for my SE846 when their cyber monday sale starts, too.

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #9,357 of 35,332
Hmmm, the 846 is also at the Massdrop site, though not quite as good a discount. Did you have a bad experience with the UERM or something similar? As for the Audeo and being discontinued, they have been said to be discontinued now for the longest time, but seems not to go away...reminds me of the Martin Logan Mikros 90, (but the ML survived at heavy discount). Heir is also in my sights, as is 1964ears (but if I really listed them all you'd KNOW I'm nuts!) (or at least OUT OF CONTROL!!)

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #9,358 of 35,332
My first Audeo. Really in for the fit and the changeable filters. Plus if I'm not wrong they're discontinued now? Won't have a chance for much longer :)

After having the HD800 in my cart and sleeping on it (and seeing the deal expire), I decided to just try my HE6 again and my upgraditis for a home setup has been cured for now (the HE6 is awesome, and it's ability to be run out of even cheap speaker amps and sound amazing is great!). Also not into Acrylic customs, so UERM is out.

The two other deals beckoning to me now is the Heir 10a (30% off their new flagship) and ACS T1 40% off. Will probably get a new set of Sensaphonic sleeves for my SE846 when their cyber monday sale starts, too.

Any idea how much of a discount we're seeing for the SCSs?

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #9,359 of 35,332
Hmmm, the 846 is also at the Massdrop site, though not quite as good a discount. Did you have a bad experience with the UERM or something similar? As for the Audeo and being discontinued, they have been said to be discontinued now for the longest time, but seems not to go away...reminds me of the Martin Logan Mikros 90, (but the ML survived at heavy discount). Heir is also in my sights, as is 1964ears (but if I really listed them all you'd KNOW I'm nuts!) (or at least OUT OF CONTROL!!)

The Heir 8.0 is crazy cheap with Heir's black friday discount along with their recent price drop of the list price.  If your interested in the 846 you might want to look at Front End Audio.  They have a 15% discount going for BF.

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #9,360 of 35,332
Any idea how much of a discount we're seeing for the SCSs?

No idea. Claudia wasn't even sure, told me to check their FB page- and there it was, 'something special' coming up on cyber monday.

Oops. It's only for IEMs. 

http://www.sensaphonics.com/cyber-monday-deals-announced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back