The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 22, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #25,578 of 35,337
Feb 23, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #25,579 of 35,337
Pono Music Player $149 CDN Clearance at London Drugs B&M (Canada Only - Not Available For Shipping)

Store price is still $249.00 but it is available for online purchase with pickup in store at stores with stock.

I realize that this deal will be limited to those with a London Drugs close by that has inventory. Not available for shipping but stores still have inventory.
London Drugs has stores in the western Canadian provinces.

https://www.londondrugs.com/pono-hi-res-music-player/M0004885.html

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #25,580 of 35,337
Too bad this player was killed. It had great promise.

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #25,581 of 35,337
Brainwavz HM5 and their OEM brethren fans: The Aizer Opened Back Around Ear is back in stock at $50 shipped Through a 3rd party seller fulfilled by Amazon. They are seldom in stock and have 4 at the moment.

Identical to the other HM5 clones, EXCEPT Open Back, the Aizer come with 1 pair of Velour Pads, and 1 Pair of Leatherette Pads + plus a large padded case. The HM5 are at $102 (Amazon), and the NVX XTP100 are $70 (Sonicelectronix), so good price.

Aizer's description points out: "As you all know big drums are bigger than small drums and can produce bass of rich sounds." The 42mm driver found in all of these are comparitively Big & Rich.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #25,583 of 35,337
Brainwavz HM5 and their OEM brethren fans: The Aizer Opened Back Around Ear is back in stock at $50 shipped Through a 3rd party seller fulfilled by Amazon. They are seldom in stock and have 4 at the moment.

Identical to the other HM5 clones, the Aizer come with 1 pair of Velour Pads, and 1 Pair of Leatherette Pads + plus a large padded case. The HM5 are at $102 (Amazon), and the NVX XTP100 are $70 (Sonicelectronix), so good price.

Aizer's description points out: "As you all know big drums are bigger than small drums and can produce bass of rich sounds." The 42mm driver found in all of these are comparitively Big & Rich.

I've been circling one or another of these OEMs for some time but can find only very limited references to how they sound.

Does anyone have this HP? How does it sound? Is it bright? Bass ok?

Feb 23, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #25,584 of 35,337
I've been circling one or another of these OEMs for some time but can find only very limited references to how they sound.
Does anyone have this HP? How does it sound? Is it bright? Bass ok?

NOTE: I had a minor brain malfunction when posting on this, note these are Opened Back, whereas the Brainwavz/NVX are closed. They otherwise seem identical (drivers have the same model code).

I own the Spadger brand Open Back Clone, and it sounds a bit more interesting/engaging to me than my NVX closed back. Slight smile frequency curve. Bass is well defined, I like it. They have high head clamp pressure, but the excellent pads make them comfortable for my big head.

Z-Reviews did a video review of the opened back Spadger and the Closed Brainwavz here. The Spadger and these Aizer's should be identical except that the Aizers come with 1 each velour and protein leather pads. The Spadger version has 4 owner reviews on Amazon.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #25,585 of 35,337
NOTE: I had a minor brain malfunction when posting on this, note these are Opened Back, whereas the Brainwavz/NVX are closed. They otherwise seem identical (drivers have the same model code).

I own the Spadger brand Open Back Clone, and it sounds a bit more interesting/engaging to me than my NVX closed back. Slight smile frequency curve. Bass is well defined, I like it. They have high head clamp pressure, but the excellent pads make them comfortable for my big head.

Z-Reviews did a video review of the opened back Spadger and the Closed Brainwavz here. The Spadger and these Aizer's should be identical except that the Aizers come with 1 each velour and protein leather pads. The Spadger version has 4 owner reviews on Amazon.

Thanks!

Feb 23, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #25,586 of 35,337
This isn't a new deal. Probably been on for about half a year. Swedish made Jays A-Jay's. They discontinued their Windows remote version of these but still offer the iPhone and Android remote versions. The Windows remote version works fine with my Android phone. $10 + $15 for priority shipping to the USA. They have other regions including the EU but I don't know what that pricing is. I don't think you can buy a better engineered IEM for quadruple the price. They sound decent, I'd describe them as good but a bit bass heavy or slightly dark, depending on which wording style you prefer. I'll post the link to the earphone. You'll need to change region to start, located on the bottom of the page. Other for dollar pricing and obviously you'll need to pick the correct region for where you are. ( these steps should not be needed: Then choose outlet. The A-Jay's five, if necessary.) Then Windows otherwise you'll get the regular price of $69 for the Android or iPhone remote version.

https://www.jaysheadphones.com/products/a-jays-five

Man, i went all in to buy one for me and one for my wife but they don't ship to Brazil :frowning2:

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #25,589 of 35,337

Users who are viewing this thread

Back