The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 1, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #19,111 of 35,336
+1
Agreed. Had no plans of getting another over-ear (thought LCD-X would be my endgame) but the Fostex sound at $400 is just too good to resist.

Wow, wonder how you came across the TH-X00, eh? Must have been some instigator who first planted the idea in your head 
tongue.gif

Dec 1, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #19,112 of 35,336
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so I'll drop it here:

Beyerdynamic DT1350 refurbs for $94 from a Top Rated Plus seller on eBay:

link

Do not appear to be facelift version, but they are Beyer refurbs and come with full warranty.

EDIT: Sadly raised the price to $130, not so great anymore.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #19,116 of 35,336
Lame. Glad I jumped on it- don't really need one but have always been curious. I guess it dropped to $95 in reaction to the new DT1350 sales, but that they brought it back up since those are done.

I have owned both the pre-facelift and the current all black facelift. The build quailty was much more solid on round 1, but I prefer the sound on the facelift. I'm not sure if the sound change is strictly from different pads or two if it has to do with the different cup and cable material.

Pre-facelift
Pros:
Solid
Killer looks
Non kinking cable
Holy jesus the bass

Cons:
Uber-tight clamp
Poorly designed stock pads, suggest pad rolling to velour
Picky ear placement for best seal/SQ

Facelift
Pros:
Stealthy black
More comfortable
Stock sounds more balanced
Better pads
Lighter
Smoother, less sibilant sound

Cons:
Cheaper looking top cushions
Microphonic cable
Bass impact is reduced a little compared to pre-facelift, but retain full extension
Velcro cable warp attached now(convenient, I guess)

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #19,118 of 35,336
I haven't been keeping up on the thread so excuse me if this has been posted already:

Linn Audio is doing a "24 bits of Christmas" again this year!  It looks like they're giving away three free tracks today.

http://www.linn.co.uk/christmas

Last year, at the end of the month, they put up all the free tracks at once in case you missed a day.  It doesn't look like they're doing that this year as yesterday's collection isn't free right now.  So check back every day!

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #19,120 of 35,336
That fostex thx00 is such a great deal compared to the original th series though, no brainer stuff. :)

It really was, the price was pretty shocking, especially compared to the TH600 street price.

Dec 1, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #19,123 of 35,336
-- CYBER WEEK CONTINUES --

NB: Anybody want my HE400i? -- Will ship international at the same price ($299 + tax) I bought it at + shipping fees... A lot of people inquired earlier so I'd figure I'd offer it again to someone. Receipt will be included.

GOT THE 3rd TO LAST THX00 ON MASSDROP!! :D

Summary of some great deals (I know some of these have been posted already):

Sonic Electronix:

Apogee Groove (sells for $290 after tax on amazon) + SR80e ---- It's like a free SR80e.

Sennheiser IE60... definitely an underrated IEM: 

The Westone W50 -- Click Make an offer (~$325) and they'll go as low as $380 shipped!

Use a 5% coupon code upon email sign up or find one yourself. They are ample. Or $10 off $100 (REBATE100)

The Fostex TH500RP - Posted enough already. Too lazy to link.

Newegg:

Today only: Harman Kardon AE Precision IEM's 80% off -- This is an especially good deal if you got in on the Groupon Newegg Deal.

Adorama:

Someone posted just a link earlier in the thread for an AK Jr. for $349. It still works. Unfortunately the AK Jr. + HD650 deal for $629 is dead.. now at $749.

Massdrop:

​Final Audio DesignUPDATED ODDS ON THE MYSTERY GRAB BAG!! 55% chance you'll get a FAD Heaven V or HIGHER FOR $149 (previously lower). Also, surprised nobody's in for the EM-6 yet.

Earphone Solutions:

Cheap Bass IEM: Phonak PFE022 for $35. Gives you free store points upon sign-up so if you buy a 2nd one, it's cheaper when you check out a 2nd time and use those points.

Almost everything is definitely cheaper if you're not in CA. :<

Dec 1, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #19,125 of 35,336

Users who are viewing this thread

Back