The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Sep 6, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #4,456 of 12,548
Ok I was out on the deck listening to the EFi-82MT's (Closed version of the DT880's Mshenay :p )

Came in took a picture with the phone and that schiit HTC decided it wanted to reset... Any way put everything back together and the phone decided it would dump the pictures...
mad.gif

Here is a picture of the DT880 I took a couple of days ago.
You need to stick a thin screwdriver or knife blade in any of the red areas on the picture.
Pry back and work the ring up till it's free, it just snaps in with 3 tang around the ring.

DO NOT go too deep as the driver base is right underneath the foam piece and you can puncture the cloth material really easily.

When you flip the driver out of the cup (the whole disk come out) do so very gently.

***THE TANGS THAT THE HEADPHONE CABLE AND VOICE COIL WIRES CONNECT TO ARE JUST PRESSED INTO THE PLASTIC AND WILL PULL FREE VERY EASILY***

Sorry for the above but it cannot be stressed enough,  liquidzoo any myself had to reconnect hair thin voice coil wires to fix out drivers, we were lucky.

Sorry it took so long good luck and if you need help just ask.
beerchug.gif

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #4,457 of 12,548
These are the Tangs on the back side of my driver that will pull free very easily.

Sep 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #4,460 of 12,548
  Ok I was out on the deck listening to the EFi-82MT's (Closed version of the DT880's Mshenay :p )

Well I am BROKE now, and seeing as I own a Shure 840... I have the pads lying around. Although honestly I think the Modded Shure will be my best bet, I know how EPIC Dynamat made my w1000x, so any one who's put some SERIOUS time to do a Dynamat mod to any headphone... said headphone should be a winner [and it cost me $140] All in all the Sale of my K550 and C5 got me 1 amp and two other cans :D 

Looking forward to reviewing ALL THESE CANS soon 

I might even start a Sub $200 MID FI Grudge Match Thread 

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #4,461 of 12,548
  Shure 840... I have the pads lying around.

I'll take those pads if the are not being used... :)

Yes you need to get down to some serious listening and composing.
I possibly need a good can for my Marley / Tosh collection, my 'Sones bring out da sweet riddum's but I and I know there d'ere is always bettah!

Also there are way too many cans in the sub $200 arena to start a grudge match IMHO but you are welcome to try. :D

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #4,462 of 12,548
  I'll take those pads if the are not being used... :)

Yes you need to get down to some serious listening and composing.
I possibly need a good can for my Marley / Tosh collection, my 'Sones bring out da sweet riddum's but I and I know there d'ere is always bettah!

Also there are way too many cans in the sub $200 arena to start a grudge match IMHO but you are welcome to try. :D

Pff Mad Lust Envy has teh gaming thread, I can manage the Sub $200 shoot out! and the 840 pads are not lying around they are on my ShurEY 840

honestly, I love reggae on my dt 880 only

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #4,463 of 12,548
  Well I am BROKE now, and seeing as I own a Shure 840... I have the pads lying around. Although honestly I think the Modded Shure will be my best bet, I know how EPIC Dynamat made my w1000x, so any one who's put some SERIOUS time to do a Dynamat mod to any headphone... said headphone should be a winner [and it cost me $140] All in all the Sale of my K550 and C5 got me 1 amp and two other cans :D 

That's a great idea. 

Maybe call it "Mshenay's Ultimate Sub $200 Cans Battle". 

It would make a great source of info for newbies in the introduction forums looking for starter headphones. 

Sep 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #4,465 of 12,548
  Thats too bad.

You should be able to contact either of these two distributors listed in the link below. They should be able to obtain a driver for you or point you to the right place to get one.
http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/distributors/worldwide.html?id=99&user_distributors_pi2%5Bcountry%5D%5B%5D=NLD&submit_ie=1&user_distributors_pi2%5Bsubmit%5D=Find

Good Luck!

I've just (finally!) received a replacement DT880 driver.  However, i need a replacement driver for the LEFT can, it looks like they've sent me a replacement driver for the RIGHT (the red pen mark is on the opposite terminal to my blown LEFT driver).

Are the left/right drivers physically different?  Can i just use the driver they sent and wire it up with the left/right wires inverted?

Sep 8, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #4,466 of 12,548

Don't mind me, just testing out my HTC's camera in low light with my bad photography skills 
beyersmile.png

Also, my 500th post 
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #4,467 of 12,548
Don't mind me, just testing out my HTC's camera in low light with my bad photography skills 
beyersmile.png
Also, my 500th post 
biggrin.gif

Nice & Congrats!

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #4,468 of 12,548
  Nice & Congrats!

-.- go fall in a freezing well Troll [you and your awesome pics] so any one got a suggestion for a $200 dollar or so Digital Camera? I need something to take awesome pics of my Dt 880 [so thread relvant <3] 

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #4,470 of 12,548
  Nice & Congrats!

They look sexy without the stock cable 
tongue.gif

You're like the Chuck Norris of photography. 

-.- go fall in a freezing well Troll [you and your awesome pics] so any one got a suggestion for a $200 dollar or so Digital Camera? I need something to take awesome pics of my Dt 880 [so thread relvant <3] 

Ask here >>> http://www.head-fi.org/t/256063/post-your-photography-here-2-new-dial-up-800x600-friendly/11280 
They look like they know their stuff :D 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back