The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Jan 12, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #6,091 of 12,546
  Thanks!

I've looked at it and pondered it, I will have to give it a taste!
Tubular Bells is a classic album, just like Oxygene.
beerchug.gif

Must admit to never having heard Oxygene, I'll keep that one in mind.

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #6,092 of 12,546

Is it just me or did anyone else find that Rude.
Dude you ain't leaguin'  so you really need to slow your roll...

I think you misunder stood me, and I mis understood you... what is "leaguin" 

a league is a unit, or another term would be ranks. And yes I am Leaguin technically, as I think you guys keep abpit 5.66666 kilometers away from me :3, because a league is also a unit of measurement

so that said, how was it rude? I'm the self imposed black sheep here, trying to get others to join me in this distant island I cast my self many leagues away from you all

but I can also understand the thought of league as some kind of elite group or something, yet that's not what the word, or rather that's not the meaning I implied. heck if Anything I'm the one man League of evil here :/ you know it's true! ACCEPT MY EVIL INFLUENCE 

ehmm that said, 

I'm going back to my SE VALI... it accecpts my evil influcences! 

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #6,093 of 12,546
I think you misunder stood me, and I mis understood you... what is "leaguin" 

a league is a unit, or another term would be ranks. And yes I am Leaguin technically, as I think you guys keep abpit 5.66666 kilometers away from me :3, because a league is also a unit of measurement

so that said, how was it rude? I'm the self imposed black sheep here, trying to get others to join me in this distant island I cast my self many leagues away from you all

but I can also understand the thought of league as some kind of elite group or something, yet that's not what the word, or rather that's not the meaning I implied. heck if Anything I'm the one man League of evil here :/ you know it's true! ACCEPT MY EVIL INFLUENCE 

ehmm that said, 

I'm going back to my SE VALI... it accecpts my evil influcences! 

It does read a bit elitist.
If that's not what you meant, then, Ok, fine.
BTW, I'm not a balanced hater, I own a power amp with balanced input, balanced output.
I also own a Power amp with a balanced and SE input. So it plays for both teams.........but it's output is SE. It has personality and identity issues. :p

Jan 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #6,094 of 12,546
It does read a bit elitist.
If that's not what you meant, then, Ok, fine.
BTW, I'm not a balanced hater, I own a power amp with balanced input, balanced output.
I also own a Power amp with a balanced and SE input. So it plays for both teams.........but it's output is SE. It has personality and identity issues.
tongue.gif

Fair enough, 

that said >.> 75% of my listening time is via the NFB 10ES2 and DT 880! Either way you run it the DT 880 is very steallar

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #6,095 of 12,546
  Tonight's Listening Session...

Have you tried the Crown Royal Black yet? If not you should, it is very yummy indeed. Just noticed the Tubular Bells playing on your DAP, very nice as well.

Very classy! I like seeing Head-fi members with their listening setups ready to teleport them to music heaven. I really enjoy whiskey too I just had some Maker's Mark the other night. Alongside some medical grade grass not legal in all states but legal in mine.
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #6,097 of 12,546
I usually go for the scotch!

Jan 12, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #6,098 of 12,546

Very classy! I like seeing Head-fi members with their listening setups ready to teleport them to music heaven. I really enjoy whiskey too I just had some Maker's Mark the other night. Alongside some medical grade grass not legal in all states but legal in mine.
wink.gif

I've often thought of trying Maker's Mark, next time I'll grab a bottle at the LCBO. No stranger to a little pot, but when I'm in school (older student) I find it hard so I usually have a few drinks instead. Tons of pot here and it is treated as almost legal. Cops really don't care unless your selling huge amounts, otherwise they turn a blind eye often. Hard to believe a state in the generally very conservative US went first and beat Canada to legalizing it. I imagine the lucrative tax revenues had more to do with the legalization than did say any real social climate change.

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #6,099 of 12,546

I've often thought of trying Maker's Mark, next time I'll grab a bottle at the LCBO. No stranger to a little pot, but when I'm in school (older student) I find it hard so I usually have a few drinks instead. Tons of pot here and it is treated as almost legal. Cops really don't care unless your selling huge amounts, otherwise they turn a blind eye often. Hard to believe a state in the generally very conservative US went first and beat Canada to legalizing it. I imagine the lucrative tax revenues had more to do with the legalization than did say any real social climate

Haha I'm a senior in college hoping to finally graduate this upcoming semester. While this off topic I do think the changing laws in the U.S. have to do a lot with a larger voting younger generation and the WWII generation of old conservative fogies who are dwindling in numbers now.

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #6,100 of 12,546
So I just got my DT880/600 and have been listening through it alot this past week through my modi/vali. I have noticed a sort of (not really sure how to describe it) rattle within the right driver. I only hear it when it is playing deeper frequencies (I'm still too much a noob in the world of headfi to be able to specify) and it is normally faint, but noticeable. I'm not quite sure what to make of it, any input?

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #6,101 of 12,546
  Haha I'm a senior in college hoping to finally graduate this upcoming semester. While this off topic I do think the changing laws in the U.S. have to do a lot with a larger voting younger generation and the WWII generation of old conservative fogies who are dwindling in numbers now.

Not sure, what are the demographics in your state? Canada and the US are almost mirror images where demographics are concerned, and up here, sadly there are plenty of boomers who still vote. The big conservative voting block is underpinned by the boomers so until they stop voting that block remains active. I would still suggest that with the economic climate as uncertain as it is, political parties are likely confident that even if the voters don't like a policy, if you can show them the money, they'll get behind it. I am quite willing to predict that within a few years at least 10 states will also legalize pot. Makes far too much sense and cents to ignore.

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #6,102 of 12,546
I recently picked up a pair of DT880 Pro (250 ohm) headphones, and I am really enjoying them.  For many years, I used Sony MDR-7506s (in pro audio situations / live sound reinforcement / recording), so that was my "standard."  After getting fed up with how uncomfortable they were after a couple of 5+ hour cross-country flights, I decided to see what else is out there.  I somehow ended up some DT770 Pro 250s and was shock by how comfortable they were!  Not to mention how much better they sounded than the Sony's.  They sound especially nice with my Aune T1.

Because of that experience, I picked up the 880s and 990s to test out, too.  The 770 is now permanently located in my office (close back is not optional!  The Aune T1 is there, too... the tube preamp attracts a lot of attention) and the 880 is my preferred home standard.  The 990s were eventually returned - I just couldn't get myself to love them.  They were a little too hyped for my tastes.

At home, I primarily listen at my desktop computer through either an ODAC + O2 combo or a Benchmark DAC1 USB (optical or USB).  Both setups have way more than enough power.

OK... back to some listening.  I just wanted to share my experiences with these awesome cans.

Jan 13, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #6,104 of 12,546
IT really depends on the sound signature that you prefer, I think you will if you like  headphones that are Good all-rounders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back