The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
May 28, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #511 of 12,546

Quote:
I can. It's mids and PRaT.
biggrin.gif

Ah yes, the old Pace, Rhythm and Timing thing... I never quite understood how that applied, but I'll take your word for it.  
wink_face.gif

As for mids. Ok, we'll see. Got the D5K today. Gave them a preliminary listen while here, at work, and am quite impressed. Much more listening over this 3-day weekend!
beyersmile.png

shane

EDIT: darn! there I go again continuing this OT!

May 28, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #512 of 12,546
I have the DT880/600 and enjoy their crisp signature, but whenever i listen to techno, trance or any kind of category that requires adequate bass, i feel as if the 880 do not deliver. 

I already tried the DT990, but i felt the bass on those were a bit too much for my tastes. I really wanna love Beyerdynamic headphones and give them a chance before i move on to another brand, but I'm running out of which models to try and which would be the best for my situation.

May 28, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #513 of 12,546
Stick on the J$ leather pads to add a little more warmth and bass to the 880/600s takes the edge off the sometimes sibilant highs too.

Quote:
I have the DT880/600 and enjoy their crisp signature, but whenever i listen to techno, trance or any kind of category that requires adequate bass, i feel as if the 880 do not deliver. 

I already tried the DT990, but i felt the bass on those were a bit too much for my tastes. I really wanna love Beyerdynamic headphones and give them a chance before i move on to another brand, but I'm running out of which models to try and which would be the best for my situation.

May 29, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #515 of 12,546
I have to say the dt880's really sing on my setup, ref5/Roc, loving it!  The bass is almost just right for me with this setup.  On well recorded music, sounds amazing.  

May 30, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #517 of 12,546
The DT880 also behaves very well in balanced mode (directly from the Buffalo DAC). The bass goes deeper and overall the sound is cristal clear.

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #520 of 12,546
I use the Zalmac clip on as well. Works brilliantly. Also, I too was looking at a recable, going balanced with the Protector, since I need a transportable setup.

Any suggestions for balanced? Was thinking of Silver dragon balanced from Moon Audio.. do let me know what you think, and for those that have already gone balanced, what cables did you'll use.

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #521 of 12,546
Balanced is great with the Beyers. The main benefits are an even bigger soundstage and deeper bass. I am listening mainly to the balanced outs from my Buffalo these days. I think I like it better than my Goldpoint. Go figure!

Here is mine:

I made the cable myself. It was made out of OFC that I butchered out of the Mogami 2534
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 2, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #523 of 12,546
I just received my DT880/600s from beyerdynamic.  My question before I listen to them is about the personalization - does beyerdynamic always add "600 ohms" above what you ask for personalization?  So instead of what I ordered:

MJS

it reads

600 ohms
MJS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back